Latest Lens Comments

Latest comments, thoughts and reaction to our recently reviewed Photography Lenses, including the Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro.

jgdfotog
When I compare the picture of the door taken with this lens, it is tack sharp. All of the other lenses seem to have a double image along the edge of the type. Is this lens that much better or did they not use a tripod with every lens?
Jim

Made by jgdfotog on 21 Apr 2007 6:02AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

BertieP
Have had this lens for quite a while; upgraded from its predecessor because of the improved handling. Not much to choose optically. Well worth adding the extension tubes for serious magnification and works beautifully with the MR14X flash.

Made by BertieP on 20 Apr 2007 7:03AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

TheShipsMast
Well, I am about to purchase this lens, and I cant wait (and I am also obtaining it from Ian Kerr! and again its not my 1st purchase from him!). Although more by accident than design, as I was after a 17-85 which he had and noticed this one for sale too, so I bought both! Should be here next week hopefully Smile

Made by TheShipsMast on 19 Apr 2007 9:22PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

chesh
I too have owned this lens for a couple of years and it has performed brilliantly. Sharpness is as good as my old Tamron SP90mm which was famed for it's sharp results. Another thing that it does is produce very nice Bokeh which is a good thing when shooting simple flower studys with shallow depth of field.
A fine and versatile lens that I wouldn't want to be without.
Dave

Made by chesh on 19 Apr 2007 10:01AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

SueTurner
have had this lens for nearly 2 years now - cant fault it at all - perfect for macro and perfect for portraits.

Can be scary looking through the lens at BUGS !! so be warned. LOL

Sue

Made by SueTurner on 17 Apr 2007 11:35AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

rosie42
Me too. :o)

Made by rosie42 on 15 Apr 2007 11:26PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

NatalieKinnear
I've got this lens, and I love it.

Natalie

Made by NatalieKinnear on 15 Apr 2007 7:15PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

bzbee
This is a superb lens - absolutely top drawer. My only slight criticism is that it doesn't float since mine is now at the bottom of the lake at Slimbridge!!! LOL

Made by bzbee on 14 Apr 2007 9:34AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

chrissd
this is a superb piece of equipment, totally agree with Nikki
chrissd

Made by chrissd on 12 Apr 2007 3:04AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

nolongeramember
I own this Lens and use it on a canon Eos 20 D .. its should be classed as an L glass quality .. its fantastic and also makes for a very good portrait lens...
All my macro work is by using the above lens.. and wouldnt change for anything.. !!!!
Can recommend.

NikkiSmile

Made by nolongeramember on 11 Apr 2007 10:48PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply