Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Latest News Comments

Latest comments, thoughts and reaction to our Latest Photography News.

RICHIE
i've only had the camera a month and as of yet have found no problems with it,ps the amount of detail captured is staggering...

Made by RICHIE on 24 Mar 2005 9:34PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

deviant
Can get one for 3.95 from Speedgraphic.co.uk that you can wash and reuse that does just the same

Made by deviant on 24 Mar 2005 1:27PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

gordonshoosmith
Just started using last week
Its great
I found the Canon Software very complicated and also did not give the results
Also I have been using Photo Shop CS to convert my RAW,for the last year , it was good but this programe is outstanding
its like suddenly getting the camera and lenses I always wanted
The results are so much better & with a fraction of the hassel.

Made by gordonshoosmith on 24 Mar 2005 12:28PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

baxter
Presumably they use custom ICC profiles for each of the papers with that printer and also that they soft proof and adjust image before hitting the print button??
If not, the "Shoot out" doesn't determine the best image quality but rather the paper that does least badly on each of the printers.
Although probably more accurate, I cannot see the sponsors renaming it as the "Least badly award" or "there are worse (and better)", even if that is what it is.
Am surprised that this has been able to run for a decade.
On a more positive note, even the worse of todays papers is probably much better than the best in the inaugural year. If any of the images are still visible from then!

Made by baxter on 23 Mar 2005 10:43PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

phil beale
I'm sure I bought a cloth with similiar claims from Aldi for 85p

Made by phil beale on 23 Mar 2005 8:41PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

MickH
Canon done this offer to sell of stocks of the 300D, before they released the 350D.
So it looks like Nikon are doing the same, and will probebly be upgrading the D70 soon to rival the 350D!

Made by MickH on 23 Mar 2005 2:28PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

artspeed
FWIW, I cut the diffuser end off a cheap plastic slide viewer and use that as a magnifier hood to see the LCD on my old Uzi (Olym.C2100). Works great, just stick it in my pocket in between uses...

Made by artspeed on 23 Mar 2005 1:19PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

artspeed
FWIW, I cut the diffuser end off a cheap plastic slide viewer and use that as a magnifier hood to see the LCD on my old Uzi (Olym.C2100). works great, just stick it in my pocket in between uses...

Pete
I did a test of ICI paper while on Digital Photo magazine and, at that time, it was the best paper I'd used.

Made by Pete on 23 Mar 2005 9:20AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

KevinGoodchild
I tried the 260 gloss after speaking to a couple of reps at the Focus on imaging show this year. Used in conjunction with the right ICC profile I have got excellant results both portrait and landscape. I wont be using any other paper for the time being...

Kevin

Made by KevinGoodchild on 23 Mar 2005 8:38AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply