The Douglas Grey Card is a simple yet effective piece of kit that is an essential part of any serious photographer's toolkit.
The card is ideal for exposure management, contrast measurement, colour balancing and white balance. The Douglas Grey Card Mark II combines the most advanced principles and materials with ease of use enabling 'one click' colour balance when using Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.
Douglas Grey Card Key features:
- No artificial brighteners – which can distort exposure.
- Advanced, tough synthetic material – for years of use.
- Can be washed and therefore suitable for medical use.
- Stain-free – unlike traditional card, the Douglas can be written on with a Chinagraph pencil or suitable markers, then cleaned with mild detergent or spray cleaner.
- Reflects the same proportion of all colours of light falling – including ultra-violet and the limit of visible red.
- More neutral reflectance than rival products – under the widest range of illumination, including tungsten, daylight, flash and warm fluorescent tubes.
- Trusted scientific principles – with new materials to provide better colour balancing of digital and conventional materials.
- Folded, the ‘Douglas’ is about A5 size – (8 1/2″ x 6″ / 210mm x 150mm) to fit snugly in your camera bag. Fully opened it is large enough to fill a 35mm camera viewfinder at 40 cm/1 ft 6 ins with a 50mm lens.
The Douglas Grey Card is available for £18.78 from the Douglas Software website.