The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 incorporates the latest developments from Epson to provide durable, superior quality, Hi-Definition photos up to A3+ on a wide range of media. It includes groundbreaking image processing algorithms to manage colour combinations and ensure beautiful prints. It also features a new formulation of Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss Ink technology. UltraChrome Hi-Gloss represents the evolution of photographic printing, offering a wider colour gamut, natural skin tones and consistent colour with a smooth gloss finish.
In addition to cyan, magenta and yellow inks, UltraChrome Hi-Gloss features matte black, photo black, red, orange and gloss optimiser. The new orange ink replaces the blue ink previously used with UltraChrome Hi-Gloss. It allows Epson to offer significant enhancements in colour reproduction for natural skin tones. Output also features more vivid oranges and an expansion in the red colour gamut. The magenta and yellow inks have been reformulated and contribute to accurate blue and green tones. The resin coating of the gloss optimiser and colour inks has been redesigned to create even smoother and glossier prints. The individual ink cartridges mean only the colour that is used needs to be replaced.
The eight-colour inkset featured in the Stylus Photo R1900 creates a staggering 18,446,774 trillion colour combinations. To calculate which combination should be used to deliver the tones and colours required for the images, Epson has developed new Look Up Table (LUT) technology in partnership with one of the world’s leading centres of colour science, the Munsell Color Science Laboratory of the Rochester Institute of Technology. In conjunction with the Micro Piezo print head the Epson LUT technology decides how much of each colour is used to translate a RGB source file into a print. The mathematical algorithm effectively optimises colour matching to ensure the printed image is consistent with the original photograph. The end result is prints with smooth gradations, reduced graininess, wide colour gamut and low colour inconstancy; all of which combine to create clear and beautiful, Hi-Definition photographic images.
Other printing technologies in the Stylus Photo R1900 include Epson’s Variable-sized Droplet Technology. The smallest droplet of 1.5pl is used for areas where fine detail is required and bigger droplets where larger blocks of colour are needed.
The flexibility of the Stylus Photo R1900 is further enhanced with its increased media support. It will print onto glossy, matte and fine art paper in cut-sheet and roll format. It prints directly onto printable CD’s and DVD’s. For printing photos without a computer photographers can connect their digital camera or picture viewer using Pictbridge. The comprehensive software package includes Epson Print CD and Epson Creativity Suite including Epson Easy Photo Print, FileManager, Web to Page and Camera RAW Plug-in.
Mark Robinson, Senior Product Manager, Epson UK commented, “The new Epson Stylus Photo R1900 is a truly advanced printing system that is easy and fun to use. The extensive research and development required to develop Epson Micro Piezo inkjet printers and ink technologies is fully illustrated in the launch of the Stylus Photo R1900. The UltraChrome Hi-Gloss2 Ink works in harmony with the Epson LUT technology and Epson paper to deliver outstanding photo quality for sale, for display and for archiving.”
Epson Stylus Photo R1900 key features summary:
- Print Hi-Definition durable photos and album pages on various media up to A3+
- Achieve vivid colours and natural skin tones with Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss2 ink
- Advanced colour processing for smooth and accurate colours with Epson LUT technology
- Achieve a range of photo finishes with Epson glossy, matte and fine art papers in cut-sheet and roll format
- Personalise inkjet printable CDs and DVDs
- Prints are lightfast for 80 years2 on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
- Borderless printing at a resolution up to 5760 x 1440dpi for stunning Hi-Definition photos
- Print photos on A3+ at 1440 x 720dpi (Photo Mode) in only 106 seconds
- Efficient printing with individual ink cartridges, only replace the colour used
- Enhanced connectivity with Dual Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Bundled with sophisticated photo software including Camera RAW plug-in for Creativity Suite for fast, easy printing of camera RAW files
The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 will be available from November 2007 at a RRP of £399.99 inclusive of VAT.