Nikon UK is pleased to announce a new firmware update, upgrading SB-900 firmware to v5.02. A summary of improvements can be found below:
Please find below a list of cameras that can be used to upgrade SB-900 firmware:
- With uninterrupted shooting with the SB-900 set to i-TTL mode, images captured just before the flash ceased firing were sometimes slightly overexposed. This issue has now been resolved. By resolving this issue, metering precision has been further increased and the number of times the flash fires has also been increased.
- When the SB-900 (set to TTL auto flash mode) is used with a camera supporting the Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS), flash mode automatically changes to A mode according to camera communication status. That flash mode was previously maintained, but it has now been modified so that TTL auto flash mode is restored once the SB-900 again recognises the camera as a CLS-compatible camera.
- D3 : Ensure the latest version of firmware (v2.00) is installed before proceding with this update.
- D300 : Ensure the latest version of firmware (v1.10) is installed before proceding with this update.
- D700 : No firmware updates required.
- D90 : No firmware updates required.
Please click theses links for the SB-900 Firmware Update 5.02 for Windows
and SB-900 Firmware Update 5.02 for Mac