A new version of FRANZIS' focus-stacking software is now available and it's called Focus Projects 3 Professional.
Available for both Mac and Windows, the software can be used to improve the depth of landscape images as well as improve the sharpness of macro photographs.
A new stacking module with an internal 64-bit calculation has been added to version 3 of the software that is able to stack images with up to 500 sharpness levels. The software uses 8 focus stacking algorithms and both automatic as well as manual alignments can be applied.
Other highlights of FOCUS projects 3 Professional includes:
- Smart Colour Space Adaptation (SCA) Colour space calculation for the finest colour details
- Automatic and manual alignment accurate weight option via adjustable brush tools
- 42 pre-configured presets for fastest results in unique quality
- 43 experts filter for individual image correction and creative image post-processing
- Selective tool for the image retouching and colour shades module
- Intelligent Automatic picture optimiser and scratches/sensor spots correction
- Integrated complete RAW development of all RAW formats with removable memory camera profile
- Undo function with timeline view and floating Comparison View
- 3D-functions: three-axis rotation, 3D-Lighting
- Export as a website, Video or 3D VRML object
- Including plug-in for Photoshop CS6/CC and PS Elements 11/12 as an add-on
- For Mac OS X 10.7 and Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
FOCUS projects 3 Professional is available now for 129 Euros as a digital download from the FRANZIS website. Other FRANZIS software you may also be interested in includes Denoise for removing noise from images and Analog Projects 3 which helps you refine and edit images in the vintage and retro style. The software company has also produced a HDR package which scored 4.5 out of 5 stars in ePHOTOzine's review.