Nikon today announces the release of the official version of Capture NX-D, its new development and adjustment software application for RAW images.
Capture NX-D is a software application developed to allow users to enjoy full-scale development of RAW images with simple operations. It enables high-quality photofinishing of images captured in RAW format – whether on a Nikon D-SLR, Nikon 1 advanced camera with interchangeable lenses, Coolpix compact camera, or any other camera that supports RAW images.
Zurab Kiknadze, Product Manager, Nikon Europe, said: “We launched a beta version of Capture NX-D earlier in 2014 and have been actively welcoming feedback, suggestions and functionality requests from users. The release of this free-to-download official version of the application takes this feedback into account – for example, you’ll see improvements to the user interface and the ways in which adjustments are applied. We’re thrilled that we are able to offer Capture NX-D free of charge to people wanting to take control of their images.”
Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon D810 D-SLR camera has also been added to Capture NX-D. Picture Control Utility 2, which makes creating custom Picture Controls easier, will also be supplied. This application can be launched from Capture NX-D, allowing for collaboration between the two applications that can be used to develop and adjust images captured with the Nikon D810 and earlier Nikon cameras.
Nikon has also updated software functions for better image processing and operation in response to many requests, including the addition of an automatic retouch brush. In addition, Nikon will continue to add improvements, new features and upcoming camera compatibility in future versions of the application.
- Specialised for the development of RAW images with native development processing that makes the most of Nikon camera performance
- Supports simple editing of JPEG and TIFF images
- Floating palettes that are easy to use with a large monitor and multiple monitors
- A variety of displays, including comparisons of multiple images and adjustment of before-and-after images
- Adoption of the sidecar file format, which records and saves adjustment information in a separate file
Capture NX-D is available to download for free from today via the Nikon website.