Words by Emma Kay
Datacolor's free webinar series begins on 18 April 2012, and aims to demonstrate the simplicity of colour calibration with hands-on instruction from industry experts. The webinars will teach photographers how to use colour calibration tools to produce high quality images and achieve colour-accurate results to benefit their business.
The webinars will feature landscape and fine art photographer, David Saffir, author of "Master Digital Color," and are hosted by Datacolor’s Global Product Technology Manager David Tobie. Through in-depth discussions and step-by-step demonstrations using Datacolor’s line of Spyder color calibration devices, the webinars address display calibration for photo studios and other workplaces. Highlighted topics include studio calibration standards, ambient light issues and side-by-side tuning of displays for visual matching.
Datacolor’s Global Product Technology Manager David Tobie said: "With our monthly webinar series, we are able to provide a step-by-step explanation of color calibration solutions photographers can easily integrate into their work flow. From showcasing their portfolio on an iPad to producing final prints for clients, professional photographers can learn about the tools to produce colour-accurate results and ultimately benefit their business."
The webinars will be monthly. Here's the schedule:
- April 18, 2012 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT: Studio Display Calibration
- May 16, 2012 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT: Color Management for Soft Proofing
- June 13, 2012 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT: Capture Calibration Tools
- July 11, 2012 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT: Spyder4 for Projector Calibration
- August 15, 2012 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT: Advanced Uses of the SpyderCube
- September 12, 2012 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT: Color Management for Fine Art Reproduction
To register, click here: Datacolor Webinars