Ilford is pleased to announce the launch of the new and improved Galerie Smooth Pearl and Smooth Gloss sheets. Created by the Ilford research and development team to include a new optically controlled nanoporous layer and redesigned base, Galerie Smooth Pearl and Gloss sheets set a benchmark standard in imaging performance.
The media provides a full tonal scale from deep blacks through to crisp whites yielding an impressive HDR (High Dynamic Range). Professional photographers will appreciate the complete range of colours they can express with this new paper, providing the creative latitude needed to achieve breathtaking artistic results.
Galerie Smooth Pearl and Gloss media is designed to make the most of the latest dye and pigment photo inkjet printers, and is fully compatible with even the newest machines on the market. Photographers will naturally gravitate to the new vibrant packaging created to reflect the clean and crisp images attained with the new Galerie Smooth Pearl and Gloss.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, the sheets feature several new characteristics including:
- Optically controlled, nanoporous technology coating - As a result of Ilford exploring the imaging possibilities of nanoporous particles and re-optimising the coated layer, photographers can now get the best possible results from the latest desktop inkjet printers. The new, virtually transparent layer reduces light scatter giving cleaner highlights, deeper shadows, more open mid-tones and improved sharpness. When used with dye inks the performance is staggering - the ubiquitous black cat becomes truly black!
- Exhibition quality - The new paper creates prints which, when well lit, exhibit a rich tonality and an apparent three dimensional quality, that draws the viewer in to experience the depth of each photograph.
- Innovative base, optimising weight, flexibility and opacity - Thanks to new, more compacted fibres, the 290gsm paper weight features greater opacity and flexibility which will transport easily through all current inkjet printer capabilities. The base also has a cleaner, more natural white tint, presenting a superb canvas for the image whilst retaining the feel of true photographic paper.
- Full printer compatibility - Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl and Gloss has a colour gamut that will fully exploit the benefits of the latest desktop, dye and pigment inkjet printers while remaining compatible with future technological developments.
- Optimised ICC profiles, available from the Ilford website - “Superb quality and universal appeal are the cornerstones of product development at Ilford,” shares Jane Dixon, Head of Global Marketing, Ilford Imaging Switzerland GmbH. “We’re delighted with the dynamic images and rich colour palette emphasized by the natural white base of the new Galerie paper. We have surprised professional photographers with images that have blacks that are truly black and colours that have real vibrancy. And designing media which allows these photographers to meet their creative aspirations is as important to us as it is to them,” finishes Dixon.
Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss and Pearl will be available in sheets from 4 x 6 up to A3+ through JP Distribution, from June 2009.