Jobo today announces today the availability of a free firmware update for current users of the Jobo Photo Display PDJ701. In addition, all new Jobo Photo Display PDJ701 products will include this firmware enhancement that allows Photo Display PDJ701 users to arrange up to 10,000 images that can be stored on the frame’s internal memory into individual folders for more organised slideshow presentations.
This firmware update installs the folder structure function on the Photo Display PDJ701.
“The Jobo Photo Display PDJ701 has been our most popular digital picture frame to date,” said Johannes Bockemuehl-Simon, JOBO’s CEO. “We are pleased to provide our customers with this firmware update that will greatly enhance the viewing experience of their precious digital images.”
Featuring a 7in high-resolution and brilliant TFT-Color-LCD display designed to beautifully showcase digital images, this frame is designed to keep memories alive by showcasing digital pictures in an automatic slideshow presentation giving precious digital memories new life.
This Jobo digital picture frame features an 800 x 480px resolution with a contrast ratio of 400:1 and a brightness of 230 cd/m². To view images on the high-resolution display, users just insert their camera’s media card into the frame to transfer the images or they can download digital image files from their PC onto the frame’s internal memory via the included USB cable. This frame supports all popular memory cards such as CF, SD, MMC, MS and xD. Easy to use buttons on the back of the frame supports intuitive operation of all important functions.
The 1Gb internal memory of the Jobo PDJ701 can store up to an amazing 10,000 pictures turning it into a deluxe digital photo album. In addition, the JOBO PDJ701 features an integrated rechargeable 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery allowing the digital picture frame to be used without the need for unsightly power cables or as a mobile device that can be brought anywhere the user wishes to share their images. This model also features a high-quality metal stand. This unit can also be powered via the supplied AC power adapter.
The Jobo PDJ701 also supports picture browsing, thumbnail mode and slideshow with various transition effects and also offers user-friendly functions such as Copy, Delete and Rotate photos as well as Picture Effects like black and white. This frame can also display a calendar and the time and feature an integrated alarm clock. It includes AC power adapters and can be powered on and off automatically by a timer.
Jobo PDJ701 Specifications:
- 7in / 17.78 cm diagonal with 262,000 colors
- Resolution: 800 x 480px (display range 720 x 480)
- Contrast ratio: 400:1; brightness: 230 cd/m²
- Internal memory: 1Gb, up to 10,000 images in optimum screen resolution
- Integrated Li-Ion battery (1500 mAh)
- Supported formats: JPG, BMP
- Interfaces: card-slots for CF, SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro, xD; USB 2.0 High Speed
- Functions: Picture-Showing-Mode (Picture Browsing, Thumbnail View, Slideshow), Editing (Copy, Delete, Rotate, Picture Effects), calendar, time, alarm, timer
- Languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese
- Stand: high-quality metal
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.1 x 6.2 x 1 inches (without stand)
- Weight: 18.3 ounces (with stand)
The Jobo PDJ701 Photo Display includes: metal stand, USB-cable, power supply and Quick Start Guide. It is available for €179.
Current Jobo Photo Display PDJ701 owners can access firmware update PDJ701 v1.0.17 by visiting the Jobo website.