Kingston Technology announce 2 Gb SD card - Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, have announced the further expansion of its Secure Digital (SD) Ultimate Card product line with the release of a new 2 Gb capacity card
Featuring 120x transfer rates, Kingston Technology SD Ultimate cards offer significant performance benefits over current Standard and Elite Pro lines of SD cards. The greater storage capacity of the new 2Gb SD Ultimate card meets the rigorous demands of professional digital photographers.
Jim Selby, Product Marketing Manager EMEA at Kingston Technology, said: "Kingston Technologys SD Ultimate line is designed to provide pro users and serious digital enthusiasts a performance edge in optimising their high-end digital equipment - whether its a digital camera, MP3 player or PDA...Our new 2-GB SD Ultimate cards build on that advantage by offering greater capacity to manage larger files.
Similar to CD-ROM drives, many devices are currently sold with an X speed rating to give users a performance indicator of how fast a card can transfer (read and/or write) data. Kingston Technology X-speed ratings are based on write speed, and X-speed performance is a function of MegaBytes per second (MB/sec) of write speed. Higher X-speed ratings signify faster cards.
Kingston Technology SD Ultimate Features and Specifications:
1) Capacity 2 Gb
2) Dimensions 24mm x 32mm x 2.1 mm
3) Speed Rating - 21 Mb/sec. read rate; 120X / 18 Mb/sec. write rate
4) Operating Temperature 32 F to 140 F (0 C to 60 C)
5) Storage Temperature - -4 F to 185 F (-20 C 85 C)
6) Standardised complies with SD Association specification standards
7) Small about the size of a postage stamp
8) Secure built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
9) Simple as easy as plug-and-play
10)Reliable lifetime warranty
11)Economical low power consumption is easy on devices batteries