Lomography has resurrected a lens from the glory days of rangefinder photography to bring fans a lens that has a super-fast performance and great low light abilities.
The new Jupiter 3+ Art Lens, designed by Lomography and manufactured by Zenit in the same factory in Russia as the original lens, has a 50mm focal length and a fast f/1.5 maximum aperture.
In addition to having a modified 0.7m closest focusing distance (an improvement from 1m on the original lens), the New Jupiter 3+ Art Lens is directly compatible with L39 and M mount rangefinder and mirrorless digital cameras, as well as many more using adapter mounts.
The Jupiter 3+ Art Lens is constructed from chrome-plated solid brass, making it much more durable than the original Jupiter 3 lens, which was made out of aluminum.
The New Jupiter 3+ Art Lens is being produced in small batches and is available from the Lomography Online Shop for £499.00.
Jupiter 3+ Art Lens Specs:
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture: f/1.5 - 1/22
- Lens Mount: L39, includes Leica M-mount adapter
- M-mount Adapter Frame Line Triggering: 50mm frame line
- Rangefinder Coupling: Yes
- Minimum image circle: 44mm
- Field of view : 46 degrees
- Flange distance: 28.8mm (L39 mount) 27.8mm (M mount)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.7m
- Filter Thread Requirement: 40.5mm
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 3 groups
Lomography JUPITER 3+ 50mm f/1.5 Sample Photos