Other World Computing (OWC) a leading Mac and PC technology company have today announced the new OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive Storage Solution with a built-in USB 2.0 powered hub and new expanded storage capacity to 2TB. The Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive is a low-cost, Plug ‘N Play hard drive storage solution for any Mac or PC, with capacities from 500GB–2TB.
The Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive offers the best USB 2.0 storage performance possible with data transfer rates of over 60MB per second. With its additional two powered USB 2.0 ports on the rear of the unit and one easy-access USB 2.0 port directly on the front, there’s no need for an additional separate hub. The drive is geared to users that need more storage and an easy place to connect devices, like pen drives, bus powered portable hard drives, and any USB 2.0 device. The Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive is beautifully designed in a sleek, protective aluminum package that complements any user’s computer system. Award-winning Product Line
The Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive is part of the OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro line, winner of numerous awards and accolades, including Macworld Magazine’s “4 out of 5 Mice Rating.” Jeffy Milstead, Macworld Magazine, said, “Its quiet operation, good performance, and software bundle will make it a welcome addition to your desktop.” Mercury Elite-AL Pro storage drives have also earned a “5 out 5 Rating” from Scott Vanderford, Club Overclockers, who commented, “The Mercury Elite-AL Pro is a superior product of ultra high quality and I’m proud to award it the Club Overclocker ‘Seal of Approval’!” In addition, Mercury Elite-AL drive solutions have received raves from Macenstein (9 out of 10 rating), The Online Photographer “Mercury Elite drive will give Photoshop a real kick in the pants,” and The Mac Observer, 4 out of 5 Rating “Great.”Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive Features:
- Powered USB 2.0 Hub: 2 ports on the rear of the unit, 1 port for easy accessibility on the front of the unit make it the ideal device for both regularly connected and quick-connect USB 2.0 peripherals.
- Style: Quality aluminum enclosure designed to complement any user’s system. A blue activity LED behind the front grille shows when the drive is being accessed.
- High Performance: Employs high-performance USB 2.0 bridge design combined with today’s fastest and most reliable hard drive mechanisms for the best USB 2.0 performance and data reliability.
- High Reliability: Top-notch design and high-quality components ensure it’s built to last.
- Compact Shock Resistant Design: Sleek, protective aluminum package.
- Warranty: Includes two year warranty.
- Super Quiet Operation.
- Cables: All cables are included.
The Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive comes complete with utility and backup software, including Intech® Hard Disk SpeedTools Utilities™ for Mac OS 8.6-X, ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup III for Mac OS v10.2.8 or later and NovaStor NovaBACKUP® for Windows 2000 or later. The drive also includes a USB 2.0 connecting cable, for Plug ‘N Play right out of the box. The Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive is compatible with all Apple® OS Versions 8.5 through 9.2.x; Apple OS X 10.0.3 and higher (including OS X “Leopard” 10.5.x), Microsoft® Windows® ME, 2000, XP, Vista, and any OS or device with USB interface support.
For more information on the new Elite-AL Pro see here
In addition to the Mercury Elite-AL Pro USB 2.0 Dual-Drive, the OWC Mercury Elite-AL line also includes solutions with FireWire 400+USB Combo, FireWire 800/400+USB2 'Triple’, and FireWire 800/400+USB2+eSATA Quad interfaces. For more information on the entire OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro line of External Solutions see here