Bowens International has launched Limelite - a new commercial subdivision created to service the growing videography and broadcast market.
Tim Haskell, the division’s business development manager and videography/broadcast specialist, who'll be heading the day-to-day operations of the new sub brand, said: "Limelite has been formed to deal exclusively with the burgeoning videography and broadcast marketplace. This launch enables the company to diversify its product range whilst continuing to develop new and innovative lighting solutions for its traditional photographic market under the Bowens brand.
Every new Limelite product – and we have a number in the pipeline to follow the M7 Field Monitor launch – will underpin the Bowens mission to provide customers with high-spec, innovative, robust and competitively priced professional equipment."
The brand has also announced its first product – the Limelite M7 7" HD Field Monitor.
The Limelite M7 Field Monitor is a compact, battery and mains-powered monitor built for use with HD-DSLR and video cameras. The unit can handle signals from a wide range of camera sources and does not require HDMI splitters to relay the signal to an additional monitor or external device. It will be demonstrated at Focus on Imaging at The NEC in March and will have a price tag of £275 (ex VAT).
Commenting on the product, Tim Haskell said: "We see this monitor as a ‘must-have’ for every videographer. Users accustomed to hand-holding DSLR cameras for stills capture are now having to adapt for videography – and it’s difficult to effectively shoot video with a camera at eye level. Our solution is the M7 which allows both the camera user and, if necessary, their clients, to easily view what the camera sees, whether the M7 is mounted on the camera or onto a support rig. Its specification includes a hotshoe swivel mount and the widest viewing angle in its class (150 degrees)."
- Compact, lightweight, 16:9/4:3, pro-grade 7" HD field monitor kit
- Super high 1024x600 native resolution - 25% more pixels than comparable monitors. Accepts up to 1920x1280
- Exceptionally wide 150-degree viewing angle
- Ultra bright 700:1 contrast ratio
- Wide range of user-adjustable menu settings
User-programmable function buttons for personalised control
- HDMI, Component, Composite and Video inputs plus HDMI output (loop through) - no need for expensive HDMI splitters.
- Kit includes Canon LP-E6, Sony NP-F and V-mount battery adaptors plus AC mains adaptor
- Optional Panasonic DU-21, Sony NP-QM and Anton Bauer battery adaptors available
- 6-24v DC input (XLR4 input provided). Accepts power from battery belts, broadcast cameras etc.
- Mounts to any 3/8" support devices - hotshoe swivel mount and desktop mounts supplied
- Detachable sunshade and HDMI-Mini HDMI cable included
The Limelite M7 will be available from selected photo and video stockists.
Visit Limelite UK
for more information.