Canon has enabled auto focus at f/8 for the EOS-1D X camera, with a new firmware update.
Firmware update 1.1.1 is the latest update for Canon's acclaimed camera, the EOS-1D X. The update for the professional DSLR offers new functionality and improved performance for professional photographers.
Developed in response to direct feedback from photographers around the world, Firmware v1.1.1 improves the scope and performance of the AF function and introduces minor fixes to offer professional photographers the ability to capture stunning images more easily in all conditions.
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware v1.1.1 – new features:
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware v1.1.1– fixes
- Auto focus with f/8
- Illuminated AF points and viewfinder information in AI Servo AF mode
- Corrects a phenomenon where the metering value of the AE sensor becomes abnormal, affecting the final image
- Corrects a phenomenon where Error 70 may occur during AEB shooting
- Corrects a phenomenon where the firmware of the lenses cannot be updated normally
- Minor corrections to Arabic menu
For more information and to download the update, visit the Canon Download Centre