Ricoh announce the MP5163A-DP - an internal High-Speed DVD+RW/+R drive. The
MP5163ADP combines high read- and write- speeds and highest level of compatibility.
The DVD+RW/+R format also contains the international CD-R/RW standard. DVD+RW/+R
is accepted as the global standard because of its excellent compatibility with
existing DVD players and DVD-ROM drives.
- 4x High Speed Writing DVD+R discs, 2.4x rewriting DVD+RW and 12x DVD reading
- Fast CD functions: 16x write CD-R, 10x rewrite CD-RW and 40x read CD
- High-speed DVD+RW formatting supported by the Background Formatting function.
- Equipped with Ricoh's JustLink to prevent buffer underrun errors for CD-R/RW
- Excellent compatibility - data can be read on most existing DVD-players
and DVD-ROM drives.
- Features "Lossless Linking" technology to maintain high compatibility
even when data is added or edited.
The MP5163A-DP Kit Contents:
- MP5163A DVD+RW/+R Drive
- Blank discs - 1xCD-R, 1x High Speed CD-RW, 1x DVD+RW and 5x DVD+R discs
- IDE Cable, Mounting screw, Audio Cable
- Quick Start Instructions, Online Manual
- AHEAD Nero Burning ROM (CD and DVD mastering)
- AHEAD InCD (Random access rewrite software for DVD/CD)
- AHEAD Nero Vision Express (DVD authoring)
- InterVideo Win DVD (DVD playback)
New Ricoh Media for the DVD+RW/+R High Speed Technology (4x)
The new Ricoh media are perfectly coordinated both in speed and precision to
the high requirements of the current DVD+RW/+R High Speed Burn Technology. Their
unique combination of materials ensures a high degree of reliability when burning
DVD+RW/+R from 1x up to 4x. At the same time these media offer a high degree
of compatibility with the existing DVD-ROM drives and DVD players as well as
excellent durability. The new Ricoh DVD+RW and DVD+R media are available not
only for data but also for video storage in traditional jewel cases or in practical
The MP5163A-DP drives will be available in the UK in June 2003.