has announced the new Ricoh GR Digital IV, with the same f/1.9 wide angle lens and 10 megapixel sensor as the Ricoh GR Digital III, the IV adds image stabilisation, a new processing engine, Hybrid AF for improved focusing speed, a 1.23 million dot 3 inch screen, and a number of other new features. The camera will be available in black or a limited edition white (10,000 units worldwide), and introduces a new leather strap, power lens cap, and a new cable release.
From Ricoh Tokyo, Japan, September 15, 2011
- Improved AF speed and accuracy
- GR ENGINE IV Image processing engine
- Image-sensor shift image stabilization
- New 3-inch, approximately 1.23 million-dot VGA LCD monitor, which adds white pixels to the RGB ones
- Dynamic Range Compensation, enhanced auto bracketing
- Electronic spirit level for horizontal or tilt
- New leather handstrap (GS-2) and lens cap (GL-1)
- New cable switch announced (CA-2)
- Interval Composite mode that will replace and combine only the high-brightness pixel data in images of the night sky taken at fixed intervals. This makes it possible to shoot distinctive landscape pictures that show the trails of light left by the stars.
- Positive Film and Bleach Bypass, which lowers saturation and increases contrast, have been added to the image settings. Along with settings like the existing High Contrast B&W and Cross Process, these can be used in each of the shooting modes (Auto/P/A/S/M).
—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announces the development and release of the GR DIGITAL IV digital camera, the successor model to the GR DIGITAL III, which offers enhanced Quick Shooting capability and image quality.
The GR DIGITAL III (released in August 2009) was a compact digital camera with high image quality that came with a 28mm/F1.9 GR Lens, the GR ENGINE III, and a high-sensitivity CCD that continued the evolution of the concepts originally introduced in the first GR DIGITAL model (released in October 2005). In the two years since its release, it has been enthusiastically received by a broad range of customers including professional and amateur photographers.
The new GR DIGITAL IV, featuring a new image engine and a refined optical filter
, exceeds the GR DIGITAL III and achieves the highest level of image quality in the history of the GR series.
Additionally, for the advancement of the Quick Shooting capabilities required to make sure you never miss a shot when out shooting, Ricoh has introduced a Hybrid AF System and an Image-sensor-shift Image Stabilization Function, which makes use of Ricoh's independently developed external AF sensor, and a 3-inch, approximately 1.23 million-dot VGA LCD monitor for heightened outdoor visibility. The addition of an electronic level that can detect inclination in the tilt direction, as well as the conventional horizontal direction also improves operability. Moreover, the inclusion of Dynamic Range Compensation makes it possible to shoot subjects in backlit or high-contrast scenes in the way the eye sees them, and Interval Composite, which can combine images shot at a certain shooting interval, advances the camera's expressive capabilities.
Ricoh will also continue to provide the highly praised function-expansion firmware.
GR Digital IV Black £499.99
GR Digital IV White £499.99
Hand Strap GS2 £17.90
Metal Lens Cap GL1 £17.90
Ricoh GR Digital IV Specifications
|Max Aperture||f/1.9 - f/9|
|Sensor Size||1/7 inch|
|Sensor Size (width)||7.6mm|
|Sensor Size (height)||5.7mm|
- AF Tracking
|Shutter speeds shortest||180sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||1/2000sec|
- Scene modes
- Centre-weighted - Average
- Multi Pattern
|ISO sensitivity||80 - 3200|
|Optical Zoom with Video||No|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable Battery: DB-65 (3.6V) x1, AAA Dry Alkaline Battery x2, AAA Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery x 2|
|Battery Life (CIPA rating)||390shots|
|Box Contents||No Data|
View Full Product Details