Samsung's smallest camera range has been updated with four new compact models, the ST66, ST77, ST88 and ST200F. Part of Samsung's plan is to make everything connected, including your TV, Mobile Phone, Camera, Fridge-Freezer and even your Washing Machine. This has meant that there are now four new models with Wi-Fi, signified by the F on the end of their name.
ST (Stylish) Range:
Samsung ST66 ST77
- compact metal body, 5x zoom, 2.7 inch screen
- compact metal body, 5x zoom, OIS, 2.7 inch screen
- compact metal body, 5x zoom, OIS, 3 inch screen
- compact metal body, 10x zoom, OIS, 3 inch screen, Wi-Fi
- 5x optical zoom, 3 inch screen, 1.5 inch Front Screen, Wi-Fi. This camera was the first to be announced, but unlike the others, this model does not feature a metal body, instead it has to use a plastic body so that you can see the front screen. Despite the plastic body, the finish of the camera is very good and the style and texture give it the look/ of metal.
- 18x optical zoom, 14 megapixels, 3inch screen, Wi-Fi. Read our Samsung WB150F First Impressions Review
- 21x optical zoom, 16 megapixels BSI CMOS, 3inch screen, Wi-Fi, GPS
This is the top of the range, all the bells and whistles, everything apart from the kitchen sink, camera and features Wi-Fi, a wide angle 21x optical zoom lens (23mm), 16.2 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, rubber grip at front, pop up flash, speed control surrounding video record button, full HD video, stereo sound, function control on the back that's the same as NX200. The textured grip around the lens helps hold the camera with two hands. There's an HDR mode, manual controls, metal body and a 3 inch VGA AMOLED screen, as well as GPS with augmented reality.
Wi-Fi features in more detail:
- Social sharing: facebook, picasa, youtube, photobucket
- Email: enter email address to send to
- Mobile Link: Download from camera to smartphone (iphone or android using app)
- Remote viewfinder: download remote viewfinder app from app store to control the camera from your mobile phone
- Cloud: SkyDrive Backup (Photo only)
- Auto Backup - transfer recent files to a Windows computer wirelessly using the iStudio program
- TV Link
All of the cameras that have Wi-Fi have these features, and it's possible that in future additional support may be added such as FTP.
See all of our CES 2012 Coverage here.