Pentax are pleased to announce the launch of the Pentax K-30 DSLR camera. This new mid-level model offers all the features of an SLR with outstanding operability and performance, packed in a compact, weather-resistant, dustproof and lightweight body for worry-free photography.
Developed to help SLR beginners easily capture high-quality 16 megapixel images with the assistance of its shake-reduction technology, the Pentax K-30 combines the size of an entry-level DSLR with features more commonly found in advanced models. These features include a weather-resistant, dustproof and cold-proof body and a glass prism finder with nearly 100% field of view. It also offers high-speed shooting of six images per second, a 1/6000 second high shutter speed, and a full-HD movie function. Together with a comfortable grip and a sporty, functional design, the K-30 guarantees a dependable, flawless performance every time.
The K-30 is available in a choice of three colours: Crystal White and Crystal Blue, with brilliant, glossy finishes; and Classic Black, for a more traditional SLR look from end of June. For more information, please visit the Pentax
|K-30 White Body
|K-30 White Z KIT + DA L18-55mm
|K-30 White + DA 18-55 WR
|K-30 Blue Body
|K-30 Blue + DA L 18-55mm
|K-30 Black + DA L 18-55mm
|K-30 Black + DA L18-55mm + DA L 50-200mm
|K-30 Black + 18-135mm WR
|K-30 Black + DA L 18-55mm + DA L55-300mm
|K-30 Black + DA 18-55 WR
|K-30 Black + DA 18-55 WR + DA 50-200mm WR
- High-resolution, low-noise, true-to-life image reproduction - The K-30 incorporates the latest CMOS image sensor with a large image-capture area measuring 23.7mm by 15.7mm. It assures high-speed image data readout to deliver super-high-resolution, rich-gradation digital images with 16.28 effective megapixels. This image sensor is coupled with the PRIME M imaging engine for the recording of high-quality, full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 30 frames per second). The camera also minimises luminance noise at low sensitivities, while offering a wide sensitivity range between ISO 100 and ISO 12800 (or even ISO 25600 when expanded via a custom function).
- Sporty, functional design perfect for outdoor shooting - Thanks to the 81 seals set in its compact and lightweight body, the K-30 is built to be weather-resistant, dustproof and cold-proof with proven functionality in temperatures as low as -10°C making the K-30 perfect for outdoor use, whatever the weather. Its exterior has been designed to be both sporty and functional for active outdoor shooting: a large grip for a firm, secure hold of the camera; a low-profile pentaprism housing for reduced height; and a rounded, soft-rubber casing for firm hold of the camera during vertical-position shooting.
- Optical finder with nearly 100% field of view - The K-30 is smaller and lighter than conventional mid-level models. However, it comes equipped with a glass prism finder with nearly 100% field of view and approximately 0.92times maximum magnification (with a 50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity) to cover the entire field of view for easy focusing and framing. It delivers a clear view of the subject even in bright sunshine and eliminates parallax in the viewfinder image. The K-30 responds efficiently and reliably to demanding photographic situations, such as landscapes requiring delicate, high-precision framing, and sports scenes where the speed of the shutter release is critical. The K-30 has a Pentax-original Natural-Bright-Matte III focusing screen to facilitate manual-focusing operation. The photographer can replace the standard focusing screen with one of the alternative screens available, including cross-lined and scale types, to accommodate more specialised photography.
- Newly developed SAFOX IXi+ AF module for improved autofocus performance - The K-30 features the state-of-the-art SAFOX IXi+ AF sensor module, which assures responsive, high-precision autofocus operation by incorporating a diffraction lens to minimise chromatic aberration in accordance with the characteristics of each individual lens. It also takes into account the light source at the time of shooting. Nine of its 11 sensor points have cross-type sensors to capture all kinds of subjects in sharp focus, while its spotbeam projector assists the AF system in poorly lit locations. The K-30’s AF algorithm has also been upgraded in all areas. A new select-area expansion function allows the sensor module to continue to track a moving subject, even when it moves out of a pre-assigned auto-tracking area, by assessing distance data collected by neighbouring focus sensors.
- High-speed burst shooting at approximately six images per second - The K-30’s high-speed burst shooting function allows the photographer to record active, fast-moving subjects in a series of images — at a maximum speed of six images per second (in the JPEG recording format).
- Advanced Live View shooting with helpful features - Thanks to the latest CMOS image sensor and upgraded algorithm, the K-30 offers a clear, true-to-life Live-View image (at 60 frames per second). It also features a focus-assist function to improve manual-focusing accuracy, as well as a choice of three grid display patterns including Golden Section.
- Effortless, user-friendly Auto Picture and Scene modes - The K-30 features the Pentax-original Auto Picture mode, which automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode for a given subject or scene including Portrait, Landscape, Macro and other distinctive shooting modes. This function will take care of shutter speed, aperture, white balance, saturation, contrast and sharpness. The K-30 also offers 19 Scene modes — including Night Scene Portrait, Pet and Backlight Silhouette.
- Pentax-original SR mechanism with user-assisting functions - The K-30 features the Pentax-developed SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism, which effectively reduces camera shake for sharp, blur-free images even under demanding shooting conditions — such as when using a telephoto lens, shooting in the dark or at night without supplementary flash illumination. This innovative mechanism works with almost all Pentax interchangeable lenses — even those developed for film-format cameras.* Thanks to the SR mechanism’s flexible design that tilts the image sensor unit in all directions, the K-30 offers several useful features to assist the photographer during shooting, including: an Automatic Horizon Correction function to assure high-precision image framing and effortless adjustment of horizontal alignment; a Composition Adjustment function to allow minute adjustment of image alignment horizontally, vertically and rotationally; and an ASTROTRACER mode, to simplify astronomical photography in combination with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Unit.
- A selection of image-processing tools for creative, personalised expression - The K-30 features the custom image function, which allows the user to easily and quickly select the desired finishing touch for a particular image. There is a choice of 11 custom images, including Bleach Bypass, to create a dramatic visual effect used in motion pictures, and Cross Process to produce an eye-catching image with dramatic colours. It also offers a choice of 19 distinctive digital filters, including Miniature, which transforms an actual scene into what appears to be an image of miniature models. These filters add distinctive visual effects to captured images without the need for a computer. The user can further expand the creative possibilities by applying multiple filters to a single image.
- Choice of two power sources - In addition to the standard lithium-ion battery capable of capturing approximately 480 images with a single recharge,** the K-30 can also be powered by four AA-size batteries using the optional D-BH109 AA-Battery Holder.
- Large, wide-view 3.0-inch LCD monitor with approximately 921,000 dots
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering system for extra-accurate light measurement
- DR (Dust Removal) mechanism to shake dust off from the surface of the CMOS image sensor
- Pentax-designed Hyper control system to assure flexible ease of use for the photographer
- Dynamic-range expansion function to compensate for both whitewashed (overexposed) and blacked out (underexposed) areas
- RAW-date filing of a just-recorded JPEG-format image
- RAW/Fx button for single-action switching of image file format, as well as for assignment and instant recall of a specific function
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 for Pentax (RAW-data processing engine developed by Ichikawa Soft Laboratory) included, in support of the K-30’s in-body RAW data processing capability
- Optional Accessory - Pentax Hand Strap. Attached to the camera’s grip, this hand strap assures a secure hold of the camera during shooting and carrying. It comes in three colours: Carbon Black, Punching White and Leather Beige.
Pentax K-30 Specifications
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/6000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||30sec|
- Scene modes
- Centre-weighted - Average
- Multi Pattern
|ISO sensitivity||100 - 25600|
- 1280x720 720p
- 640x480 VGA
|Stereo Sound||No Data|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Type||D-LI 109|
|Box Contents||Li-ion battery DLI-109, Battery charger D-BC109, AC plug cord D-CO2E, USB cable I-USB7, Strap O-ST53 , Eyecup , Hot shoe cover FK (already mounted) , Body mount cover|
View Full Product Details