Nikon have released a new advanced compact camera, the Coolpix P7700.
This expert compact camera has a fast lens and a vari angle monitor. The P7700 offers a stunningly bright f/2.0-4.0 Nikkor 7.1x optical zoom lens, a large 1/1.7-inch, back-illuminated 12-MP CMOS sensor, lens shift vibration reduction, full 1080p HD movie mode, and RAW file format.
Whatever light conditions you are shooting in, advanced Nikon lens technology in the Coolpix P7700 ensures outstanding precision, sharp resolution and high contrast. Two ED glass elements minimise chromatic aberration, a Neutral Density filter
enables greater exposure control and the seven blade rounded iris aperture allows beautifully natural background blur.
- Lens-Shift Vibration Reduction: Nikon’s advanced vibration reduction system reduces the effect of camera shake in real time and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower.
- High ISO sensitivity (extendable up to 6400, equivalent): Reduces the risk of blurred images with fast-moving subjects or in low-light. ISO can be set manually from 80 to 6400 ISO equivalent using the Hi1 setting.
- Quick response for streamlined workflow and stress-free shooting: Switch quickly between functions, and enjoy a near-instant start up time, impressive AF speed and short shutter release time-lag.
- RAW format shooting: Images can be shot and saved in high-quality NRW format, even when using in-camera features such as continuous shooting and Picture Controls.
- Picture controls: Take control of color in your photos and movies. Adjust the vividness of colors or degree of sharpening prior to shooting in all four (P/S/A/M) exposure modes. Two Custom Picture Controls let you bypass the menu and set shortcuts to your favorite settings.
- Flexible high-speed continuous shooting: Choose from three different continuous mode rates of 8 fps (for up to 6 frames), 4 fps (for up to 6 frames) and 1 fps (for up to 30 frames).
- Effects and filters: Shoot photos and movies with special effects, or apply a filter to photos you’ve taken. Effects include Painting, which makes images look as if they were painted. Filters include Selective Color, which creates monochrome photos with flashes of color applied to an area of your choice.
- Wireless transfer: Compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards for direct transmission to smart phones and SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- Compatible accessories: Get the most out of your shooting with Nikon accessories including: Speedlight flash units, the ML-L3 remote control for remote shutter release, 40.5 mm filters, the MC-DC2 Remote Cord and the GP-1 GPS unit.
The camera is priced at £499.99 and is available from 27 September 2012. It is available in black.
For more information on Nikon, visit the Nikon website.
Nikon COOLPIX P7700 Specifications
|Max Aperture||f/2 - f/4|
|35mm equivalent||28mm - 200mm|
|Sensor Size||1/1.7 inch|
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Screen resolution||921,000 dots|
- Face Detection
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/4000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||60sec|
- Scene modes
- Centre-weighted - Average
|ISO sensitivity||80 - 6400|
- 1280x720 720p
- 640x480 VGA
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14|
|Box Contents||Camera Strap, Lens Cap LC-CP26 (attached to the camera body), Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14 (with terminal cover), Battery Charger MH-24, USB Cable UC-E17, Audio Video Cable EG-CP16, ViewNX 2 CD, Reference Manual CD|
View Full Product Details