With a body smaller than a credit card and its stand-out, the Nikon Coolpix S01 makes sure it is noticed. It comes available in glossy red, mirror, white, black, or pink, with a 3x optical zoom wide-angle Nikkor lens, 6.2cm (2.5") touchscreen, 10.1 MP CCD image sensor, 7.3GB internal memory and can shoot 720p HD movies.
James Loader, Product Manager for Consumer Products at Nikon UK, comments: "This sleek, lightweight ultra-compact camera is ideal for stylish people looking to capture stunning images. With top-end technology including a wide-angle 3x optical zoom lens and 10.1-megapixel image sensor, this little camera will not fail to impress.
The touch screen is responsive and easy to use, so there’s plenty of fun to be had - especially when applying special effects to movies or photos. Not only is the camera a super-stylish fashion accessory, it’s also a miniature photo and movie expert."
The Nikon Coolpix S01 will be available from 27 September 2012 with an RRP of £149.99.
From Nikon UK
With an in-built Lithium Ion battery and 7.3GB internal memory, the super sleek and ultra-streamlined COOLPIX S01 can store up to 3,000 images at full resolution or 3 hours of video in VGA quality in the camera, with no need for memory cards or external charging units.
Meanwhile, the intuitive touchscreen operation encourages you to get hands on, to shoot beautiful images and movies using the 10.1-MP CCD image sensor. From a movie filmed with a nostalgic Sepia effect, to the retro feel of photos given a Toy Camera filter
, there are plenty of creative effects to add a unique touch. Large menu icons on the touchscreen make navigation easy and you can customise the home screen to suit your preferences or use one of your own photos as the background image.
Other key features:
- Nikkor 3x optical zoom lens (29–87mm): enjoy the benefits of Nikon’s precise lens technology. From group shots to portraits, this lens offers superior photos and movies on the go.
- HD movie (720p): record life in high-definition motion with ease. A simple touch of the screen in Movie Mode is all it takes to start recording your movie.
- Motion Blur Detection: Motion Blur Detection reduces the effect of camera shake to compensate for camera and subject movement. High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity reduces the risk of blurred images with fast-moving subjects or in low-light.
- Easy Auto mode with Scene Auto Selector: the camera automatically chooses the optimum scene mode for situation you’re shooting in, so you get stunning results every time.
- EXPEED C2: Nikon's advanced image processing system optimises all camera technologies for quick response, superior performance and maximum image quality.
- USB and AC charging: can be charged from your computer with the USB cable included or via AC plug with the USB cable.
For more information about Nikon’sproducts visit Nikon's website
Nikon COOLPIX S01 Specifications
|Max Aperture||f/3.3 - f/5.9|
|35mm equivalent||29mm - 87mm|
|Sensor Size||1/2.9 inch|
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Screen resolution||230,000 dots|
- Face Detection
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/2000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||1sec|
- Centre-weighted - Average
|ISO sensitivity||80 - 1600|
|Continuous shooting||No Data|
|Video FPS||No Data|
|Optical Zoom with Video||No|
|Battery Type||Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery|
|Box Contents||Camera Strap, Charging AC Adapter EH-69P, USB Cable UC-E16|
View Full Product Details