Digital cameras are now being added to all sorts of standard electronic devices. Laptops, MP3 players and now phones all have this extra functionality. Nokia are one of the leading phone manufacturers in the world and their digital camera phone, the 7650 is doubtless going to sell fast.
- Weighs 154g
- Dimensions 114x56x26mm
- Talktime 2-4h
- Standby time 90-230h
- Allows sending of photos through MMS (Multimedia messaging service)
- Colour display used as viewfinder
- VGA 640x480 pixels camera
- Photo album
- 4mb dynamic memory for images, phonebook, calendar, messages and add-on applications
- Infrared and Bluetooth connectivity
The specifications of this camera phone aren't impressive compared to most modern digital cameras. Yet products such as this help to widen the appeal of digital cameras and photography. It is also an interesting indication of what the future holds.
Availability and pricing
The phone is not available till the second quarter of 2002 and new phones always take time to be set up by the phone service providers. No pricing has yet been announced. For more information try the 7650's official website here .