The C-7070 Wide Zoom has been crowned European Compact Camera of the Year. This follows Olympus' success at last year's EISA Awards, when their C-8080 Wide Zoom was named Digital Camera of the Year.
EISA, renowned for their independence and good judgement, features a judging panel drawn from fifty leading audio, mobile electronics, video and photography press in twenty European countries. This years judging panel named impressive features, good image quality and easy handling as just some of the reasons for granting the C-7070 with this award. Explaining the reasons behind their decision, the jury said: "With a 7 megapixel CCD and zoom lens, corresponding to 27-110mm in the 35mm format, this camera is a serious snapper. It's also very easy to take great pictures: there is a flip-up, rotating 1.8-inch monitor, an extremely powerful battery and a hot-shoe with TTL-contacts that accommodates an optional external Olympus FL-flash. Best of all, this flexible performer retails at a very reasonable price."
Michael Handa is Executive Managing Director of Olympus Imaging Europe. Commenting on the award, he said: "This EISA award confirms the quality of the C-7070 Wide Zoom. The award is recognised by consumers as a mark of quality and will provide dealers with a powerful sales argument."
Main features of the Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom are:
1) 7.1 million pixels
2) 4x optical zoom (equivalent 27-110mm) with eight elements in seven groups including two aspherical elements and one ED element
3) Dual 143-point AF system with Predictive AF
4) Multi-angle 4.5cm/1.8 inch Sunshine LCD monitor with 134,000 pixels
5) Programme, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Full Manual modes
6) Hot shoe
7) Robust magnesium-alloy body with ergonomic design
8) Produces JPEG, TIFF and RAW file data
9) Movie recording function with sound
10) Saves to xD-Picture Card, CompactFlash Type I & II
11) TruePic TURBO image processor and PictBridge compatible
12) High speed sequence shooting: 10 frames at 1.4 fps in HQ mode
13) Shipped with Olympus Master 1.1 software, 32Mb xD-Picture Card, rechargeable BLM-1 lithium ion battery and charger