Building on the success of the Olympus Pen, the new lightweight and compact Olympus PEN E-PL2 allows beginners to capture photos and movies in professional SLR quality. The contemporary styled camera is also perfect for camera enthusiasts who can choose from a vast array of lenses, 16 dedicated Micro Four Thirds lenses plus three new conversion lenses, including Macro, Fish Eye and Wide.
Users can also experiment with the creative Art Filters that can be applied to still images and HD movies, including the new Dramatic Tone filter
, which boosts the contrast to give images a more dynamic atmosphere. A new upgrade to the Art Filter function allows you to overlay up to three additional effects on top of images, for imaginative and inspired shots.
The new Olympus PEN E-PL2 features a larger three-inch display for viewing and framing your pictures. The Live Guide function is now available on HD Movie mode as well as when taking still images and teaches beginners step-by-step how to capture great shots. The E-PL2 is compatible with the new SDXC card format that offers high storage potential, perfect for HD movies.
The new Accessory Port 2 lets you take advantage of the rapidly expanding range of PEN accessories, including the new PENPAL Communication Unit, which lets you store and send compressed images directly from your camera to your computer via Bluetooth. Other accessories include, a microphone kit, optical and electronic viewfinders and the new MAL-1 Macro Arm Light for precision illumination of macro photos or close-ups of items.
The 12.3 Megapixel Olympus PEN E-PL2 delivers superb image quality through a vast array of technologies, including:
- The new near-silent M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II lens to ensure quality with fast moving subjects that not only focuses faster, but also prevents the whir that can otherwise ruin a good home movie soundtrack.
- With ISO up to 6400, shutter speed up to 1/4000th second and sequential shooting at 3fps, the E-PL2 is fully equipped to make the best of the superb M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lens system and deliver excellent images even in poor light.
- An ultra-effective in-body image stabilisation system corrects camera shake, irrespective of the lens or adapter attached.
The Olympus PEN E-PL2 will be available from January 2011 in the following configurations:
- E-PL2 Kit with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II lens - £529.99
- E-PL2 Double Zoom Kit (DZK) with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 lenses - £649.99
- E-PL2 10.7x Zoom Kit with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 lens - £799.99
For more information please visit the Olympus