Giving skiers, snowboarders and other winter sports fans the perfect gear they need to capture the stunning images and magic moments of their snow-bound exploits, Olympus releases the µ 790 SW Winter Kit. In addition to the shock, water and freezeproof µ 790 SW camera in Starry Silver, the kit also includes a neoprene case, a stylish Rossignol beanie and a fun snow tube. With this great combination, there’s no time like now to hit the slopes. The new kit is currently available in stores for a price of approximately £200.
Built for action, the Olympus µ 790 SW boasts exceedingly tough attributes. Shockproof to 1.5m, waterproof to 3m, and freezeproof to -10°C, this camera is engineered to withstand the demands of some of the harshest photographic conditions and will take the knocks, drops and ice-cold temperatures of a full day in the snow in its stride. Yet despite its rugged characteristics, this stylish camera for high-octane lifestyles looks great and doesn’t compromise on photographic features.
The µ 790 SW puts advanced opto-digital technology to work to immortalise the thrills and spills of the winter calendar. For versatility in locating and framing subjects, the 7.1Mp camera features a 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm). The solid model also has the ability to recognise human faces as the main subject of a composition thanks to Face Detection Technology. Multiple scene modes are also available to optimise photographic settings for many other common shooting situations.
In a special cooperation with this season’s Rossignol Demo Tour , visitors can test the µ 790 SW first hand under extreme condition at over 120 events throughout Europe.
Olympus µ 790 SW Winter Kit includes:
- µ 790 SW camera in Starry Silver
- Rossignol beanie
- Snow tube
- Neoprene case
The Olympus µ 790 SW – main features:
Take it anywhere, anytime since it’s shockproof up to 1.5m
- Exciting shots in and by the water since it’s waterproof to 3m
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure for other image areas
- 6.4cm/2.5in HyperCrystal LCD (230,000px resolution) with a bright display even in brilliant sunlight
- High ISO settings for less blur
- 7.1Mp to make poster-sized prints
- 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm on a 35mm camera) 1:3.5-5.0 for stunning portraits, with optical folded light path and water-repellent lens coating
- Better low-light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- 23 scene modes for the best results in different situations
- Liven up your memories with movie recording plus sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Underwater shooting up to water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional underwater case PT-041
- Shadow Adjustment Technology to brighten shadowy areas in a composition
- Perfect Fix function for correction e.g. backlight and red-eye
- Stylish metal exterior
- One-touch light and LED Macro Illuminator
- Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- 25 languages on board
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 and Muvee Pack trial version, LI-42B battery and charger