Pentax U.K today announces the release of 5,000 limited edition Pentax K10D camera packages, to commemorate K10D winning the Camera Grand Prix 2007 Award in Japan. With only 150 Pentax K10D Grand Prix Packages available in the UK, the extremely collectable cameras with an exclusive new colour scheme, will be sought after by photography enthusiasts across the country.
This one off Pentax K10D Grand Prix Package features gold finished Pentax branding, the K10D logo and mode dial, complimented by a new dark brown rubber coating on the body and battery grip. In addition, the Package includes a specially designed leather camera strap with the award logo and Camera Grand Prix lettering, also in gold. The Pentax K10D cameras in the Grand Prix Package also include the latest Firmware and each camera is identified with a serial number, which is specific to the Package.
The Pentax K10D is a 10.2 effective megapixels digital SLR camera, that offers high precision, high resolution images. It incorporates an array of advanced, user-friendly features including the Pentax original Shake Reduction technology. It was awarded the Camera Grand Prix 2007, in recognition of its technological sophistication, outstanding specifications, and reasonable price, ensuring it is affordable to photographers around the world.
Main Features of the Pentax K10D Grand Prix Package
- For this limited-edition package the camera body and the battery grip have been specially applied with a dark-brown rubber that compliments the gold lettering and branding on the camera and leather strap.
- On the K10D the the Pentax logo, the K10D logo and the mode dial are in a standard gold colour, signifying the limited edition status. The Camera Grand Prix 2007 lettering and award logo mark are also displayed on the lower part of the LCD monitor on the camera's back panel.
- The specially designed leather camera strap features the Camera Grand Prix 2007 lettering, award logo and the K10D logo, in the same gold colour.
- Each camera body is identified with a serial number, which is exclusive to the Pentax K10D Grand Prix Package.
- The latest firmware, that corresponds with the SDM system, has been installed onto the cameras. Pentax K10D Grand Prix camera body is also compatible with Pentax's supersonic motor-driven lenses. With the SDM system mounted onto the next-generation of supersonic motor driven lens, it assures smoother, quieter auto-focusing operation.
- The specifications of the K10D camera body and the battery grip included in this package are same as their standard models except for the firmware.