Pentax are pleased to announce the launch of the Pentax Optio E80 digital compact camera. Featuring a large easy to view 2.7in LCD monitor, the Optio E80 comes equipped with a host of user-friendly features and functions to make high-quality digital photography effortless, even for first-time digital camera users.
Though it has been designed with accessibility for everyone in mind, the Optio E80 is equipped with advanced features to produce the high-quality digital images, such as Pentax triple anti-shake protection; Auto-focus and Auto-exposure modes capable of recognising up to 32 faces in only 0.03 seconds; approximately 10 effective Mps for high resolution pictures; as well as high definition movie clips.
Main Features of the Pentax Optio E80:
- Large 2.7 inch LCD monitor for effortless image/menu viewing - Despite its compact body, the Optio E80 features a large, bright 2.7 inch colour LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots.
- User-friendly operation with large buttons and large menu text - The Optio E80’s control buttons, including the shutter release button on the top panel, are designed to be large and easy to use.
- Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of the ideal shooting mode - The Optio E80 features an upgraded version of PENTAX’s original Auto Picture mode, which automatically and instantly selects the most appropriate shooting mode for a given subject or scene simply by pointing the camera at the subject and pressing the shutter release button halfway down. In addition to conventional modes (Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Standard, Flower, and Sport), the Optio E80 also features a new Candlelight mode that makes automatic, high-quality digital photography possible with a broader range of subjects and scenes.
- High-quality HD movie recording with Movie Shake Reduction - The Optio E80 captures beautiful, flawless movie clips at 16:9 high-definition TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels at 15 fps).* The camera also features a sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode,** which uses exclusive software to automatically compensate camera shake during movie shooting. As a result, the user can record high-quality, blur-free movie clips with minimal effort. * When the Optio E80’s AV output terminal is used, movie clips are output as normal standard definition. If the user wishes to play back movie clips at high-definition-TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels), the data must be transferred to a personal computer for playback. ** When the Movie SR mode is selected, the angle of view becomes narrower than normal shooting.
- Exceptional image quality with 10.0 effective megapixels - Combining approximately 10.0 effective megapixels with the high-performance PENTAX zoom lens, the Optio E80 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details, even when images are enlarged to bigger sizes.
- Green mode assures easy shooting for beginners - With simple pushbutton operation, the Optio E80’s user-friendly Green mode automatically selects the optimum combination of exposure settings, ISO sensitivity and other factors for a given subject or scene. This mode makes high-quality digital photography simple and effortless, and also comes in handy when the photographer asks someone else to take his or her picture.
- Optical 3X zoom lens covering angles as wide as 32mm - The Optio E80 features an optical 3X zoom lens covering focal lengths from approximately 31.5mm to 94.5mm (in the 35mm format). Its 31.5mm wide-angle coverage is particularly handy when photographing spectacular landscapes, magnificent architecture or group shots in a confined space. Coupled with the Intelligent Zoom function, which allows even tighter zooming in on the subject without compromising image quality, the user can extend the zoom range to approximately 17.1 times.
- Powered by world-standard AA-size batteries - Because the Optio E80 uses two world-standard AA-size batteries, replacements can be found almost anywhere around the globe.
- Digital SR mode to minimize camera shake and subject movement in the dark - The Optio E80 features the dependable Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode, which is programmed to minimize camera shake and blur due to subject movement under low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting.
- Automatic Face Recognition for quick, effortless snapshots - The Optio E80 features advanced Face Recognition AF & AE functionality, which automatically detects the subject’s face, then optimizes the focus and exposure settings. It is also equipped with user-friendly features made possible by this advanced Face Recognition technology, including the Half Length Portrait mode that automatically creates a well-proportioned bust shot by centering the subject’s face and trimming off the peripheral areas.
- Image recovery function to retrieve accidentally erased images.
- Digital panorama mode to compose a single panoramic picture from as many as three images.
- World-time function to keep track of local time in 75 cities in 28 time zones around the world.
- Three-point AF system, with Auto-Tracking function, to maintain constant focus on a moving subject.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 16 images in two seconds (with file size fixed at 640 x 480 pixels)
- Frame Composite mode (with 20 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or edit images using decorative photo frames.
- ACDSee for Pentax 3.0 image viewing, editing and management software included (compatible with Windows VistaTM).
- Compatibility with DPOF functions, Exif Print and PRINT Image Matching III.
For more information please visit the Pentax