OptioS4i is incredibly compact, yet it embraces Pentax ingenuity and all controls
have been placed within easy reach. Enabling simpler composition, focusing,
and viewing, its equipped with an advance 1.8-inch TFT LCD monitor that
offers an approx. 100% field of view. It even delivers truly satisfying clarity
with the power of 4.0 effective megapixels and extends real compositional freedom
through 3X optical zoom, which combines with 4X digital zoom for total zoom
capacity of an incredible 12X. A camera that makes digital photography more
enjoyable, more simple yet more refined, the OptioS4i from Pentax delivers sophistication
beyond its dimensions.
Ultra-compact, refined design
- Employs a multi-chip module system.
- And an innovative Sliding Lens system that retracts to be flush with the
body of the camera.
- The result is exceptionally compact dimensions of just 83 x 52 x 20.5mm
(W x H x D).
- Attractive aluminium alloy that offers a sense of sophistication.
- Its bold and straight lines serve to communicate sheer, expressive functionality.
- Easily worn about the neck or slipped in the pocket.
High-quality smc Pentax lens offering 3X zoom
- Features a lens from the smc Pentax series a line-up renowned throughout
the world for sheer imaging excellence.
- 3X optical zoom with a focal range covering angles of view equivalent to
those of a 35-105mm lens in 35mm format delivers freedom to zoom in and out.
- All 5 groups of 6 elements are crafted entirely from glass, with two lenses
crafted to be aspherical on each side.
- 3X optical zoom can also be augmented with 4X digital zoom, for a total
zoom capability to an impressive 12X.
4.0 effective megapixel clarity
- The power of 4.0 effective megapixels achieves superior clarity that extends
from macro shooting to the capture of expansive landscapes.
- A primary colour filter and advanced imaging technologies, bring out brighter,
more natural colours and achieve a significant enhancement in general image
- Exceptional user-friendly operability is achieved largely through use of
advanced processing circuitry and an innovative software algorithm
elements which work hand in hand to take responsiveness to a new level and
support a shutter release time lag of a mere 0.01 seconds*.
- Independent buttons are at hand to allow easy access to frequently used
shooting and playback functions.
- Enables rapid selection from a range of simple shooting mode.
- Also offers the further advantage of allowing functional customization to
suit different needs, enabling the user to gain access to their favourite
capabilities with maximum convenience in minimal time.
*Time taken from the moment when the shutter release is fully depressed following
focus lock to the moment the shutter opens, when the flash is switched off.
Handy LCD monitor
- The 1.8-inch LCD monitor that offers an approximate 100% field of view makes
composition exceptionally easy.
- Its also exceptionally useful for the viewing of recorded shots on
- To recharge a camera is easy. All you have to do is simply set the camera
in the compact, lightweight recharge unit.
- The unit can also be used to recharge the lithium-ion battery alone.
Green mode allows you to simply press the shutter button to achieve
stunning shots, while the camera automatically takes care of all the necessary
Quick button Should the user decide to exit the menu screen and move
into simple shooting, all they have to do is press the Quick button and theyre
instantly taken back to Green mode. The Quick button can also be configured
to take the user direct to t he Shooting mode screen, White balance, Mode memory,
Trimming, Resizing, other menus, and even sub menus should the user desire.
A selection of versatile shooting modes The Shooting mode screen offers
a graphic display of all the following 21 shooting modes on the LCD. The user
to select the most appropriate and leave exposure, white balance and other settings
to the camera.
1. Program Allows you to take control over a combination of functions
2. Night scene Captures the mood of evening and night scenes in a faithful
manner. It is also handy when shooting subjects with dark backgrounds.
3. Movie Allows you to record video with sound to the full capacity
of available memory at 15 frames per second with the definition of 320 x 240
pixels. Video files are also recorded in AVI format, making it easy to play
them back on a PC*.
4. Panorama Assist When a scene is too big to fit in one shot, it allows
a series of shots to be taken horizontally or vertically following the cameras
simple guidance, which can then be aligned and combine with ease on a PC through
use of the included software.
5. 3D image Two shots can be taken following the cameras guidance,
printed out with postcard dimensions, and then looked at through the optionally
available viewer for a real 3D effect.
6. Landscape mode Specifically designed to make the most of the green
and blue of scenic shots.
7. Flower mode Specially designed to bring out all their vivid colour
8. Portrait mode Successfully captures skin tones in a more faithful
manner for more flattering results.
9. Self-portrait mode Simply select this handy mode, point the camera
at yourself, and shoot. Your shots will come out satisfying crisp despite the
close nature of the composition.
10. Surf & Snow mode Simply select this mode and the highly reflective
nature of snow or water will present no problem.
11. Autumn Colour mode Makes the most of reds, browns, and other colours
associated with the season.
12. Sunset mode Designed to capture the warmth and splendour of sunrise
and sunset scene.
13. Museum Ideally suited to photographing exhibits in museums, achieving
optimal exposure while ensuring the flash doesnt fire.
14. Text Allows documents, notes or other written material to be photographed
with maximum legibility.
15. Food Achieve natural colour, convey convincing texture, and communicate
the real freshness of food.
16. Soft Adds an effect so that the subject appears soft
for flattering portraits or to convey a sense of the romantic.
17. Posterisation Makes recorded images appear as if they were drawn.
18. Digital Filters Choose black and white or sepia shooting for a marked
difference in style, or choose from a range of colours (red, pink, yellow, green,
blue, and purple). A special Slim filter is also available that makes subjects
appear more slender or broader and can be adjusted to different degree.
19. USER Enables a combination of preferred settings to be saved for
easy access whenever desired.
20. Marine Ensures the optimal reproduction of natural colours when
shooting underwater. *When the camera is housed in the optionally available
21. Marine movie Allows the recording of soundless movies underwater
that retain natural colours. *When the camera is housed in the optionally available
Voice recording mode The OptioS4i also has audio recording capability
that rivals many standalone devices. This can be incredibly handy in a wide
range of situations, offers index ability, and can be used to record audio to
the capacity of the available memory.
PictBridge compatibility The OptioS4i supports PictBridge, a new direct-print
standard released by CIPA (Camera and Imaging Products Association). This advance
allows the OptioS4i to be connected to a printer that supports PictBridge directly
via USB cable for control over printing, resizing, trimming, digital filters,
and other functions without the need for a PC.
Other handy features
- USB mass storage class compatibility
- Exclusive ACDSee for Pentax for easy graphic conversion, album creation,
- Built-in auto flash
- Optical viewfinder
- Nine-image and Zoom display
- Convenient self-timer
- Continuous shooting
- Fast forward movie
- Macro mode, Infinity-landscape mode
- Manual focus
- Options for autofocus (Spot AF, 7-point autofocus)
- White balance settings
- Histogram display
- Multiple choices for metering (Multi-segment metering, centre-weighted
metering, and spot metering)
- A variety of sensitivity
- Exposure compensation
- Settings for sharpness, saturation, and contrast
- Image protection
- Mode memory function
- World time function
- Alarm function
- DPOF compatibility
- Exif Print and PRINT Image Matching II* compatibility
- Approximately 10MB of built-in memory
- SD memory card compatibility
- Resize function
- Voice memo function
- Av (video/audio) output terminal
- Operation in 9 languages
- Waterproof case (O-WP2) For depths of up to 40m
- AC adapter kit
- 3D image viewer
- Remote control unit
Available April with a guide price of 330