|Join ePHOTOzine and Samsung for an exclusive photo shoot at Stamford Bridge, the home of Chelsea Football Club, the winners of the Premier League and The FA Cup double last season.
ePHOTOzine have partnered with Samsung, Official Shirt Sponsor of Chelsea FC, to search for eight readers to join us for an exclusive photography shoot at Stamford Bridge, the home of Chelsea Football Club, last season's Barclays Premier League Champions and FA Cup winners. The Samsung Chelsea Challenge will take place on Thursday 9 September 2010.
The day will start at 11am with a briefing in one of the executive suites at Stamford Bridge on the Samsung NX10 system camera and its key features. Following this will be a private guided tour of the stadium and the chance to use the Samsung NX10 camera to shoot an assignment. The actual assignment will be revealed on the day, but it might involve the colour blue - or it might not! You will get to see the home and away changing rooms, the museum and the media areas. Although the tour is private, it does not mean that you will be able to linger too long to get your pictures, so there is the added pressure of shooting to a brief and in a limited time.
The shoot will also have a competitive element with prizes to be won for the best set of photographs. An expert from Samsung will be on hand during the tour and he can help you with the NX10.
After the shoot and over the lunch period, the images will be downloaded and assessed by our team of experts and the best set selected. More details on the day will be provided to our chosen eight lucky photographers.
ePHOTOzine's Will Cheung will be there too to record the day's events for a feature on the site later in the month of September. He will shoot pictures of you in action and also talk to you about your experience with the Samsung NX10. Of course, our feature will link to each photographer's portfolio so this is a great opportunity for some self-promotion.
If you want to be considered for this extra-special opportunity, please email the editorial department here
. In the subject panel please enter Samsung Chelsea Challenge and in the comment box include your user name - that is all you need to do. We will pick eight photographers and contact them directly with more details of the day. The closing date for entries is Friday 20 August 2010.
About the camera you could be using
The Samsung NX10 is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with a resolution of 14.6 megapixels. At the moment three lenses are available: the 30mm f/2 pancake, the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and 50-200mm f/4-5.6 zooms, with several more are due later this year. If you want more details on the NX10 please click here
. To read ePHOTOzine's review, please click here
Samsung Plus SDHC cards will be provided for the shoot. These cards are waterproof, shock-proof and magnet-proof as well as having fast write times. For more on these super-tough cards, click here
To be in with a chance of joining us, you must agree with the following. Applying for this reader challenge is acceptance of these terms.
- You must be available on Thursday 9 September and make your own way and at your own expense to Stamford Bridge, London. Details of the ground and how to get there can be found here. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Our event starts at 11am and ends approximately at 4pm.
- Should you be one of the selected photographers your place on this challenge cannot be transferred to any one else. Nor can any additional friends be invited on the tour/shoot.
- You agree to be photographed by us on the day and be featured, along with your images taken at the ground, on ePHOTOzine without payment.
- You must use the Samsung NX10 that you will be loaned for the challenge.
- Images taken on the Samsung Chelsea Challenge are your copyright and can be used for personal purposes only, ie on your ePHOTOzine portfolio and may not be published in any circumstances (apart from those used by ePHOTOzine as part of the Samsung Chelsea Challenge which have prior CFC approval).