The Portfolio To Go For Flickr iPad App is aimed at photographers who want to take their Flickr portfolio with them on the go. If you are an iPhone user, Portfolio To Go Mini is also available. Portfolio To Go For Flickr syncs your Flickr photosets to local, cached galleries on your iPad. Once all galleries and images are cached you can view your portfolio without an internet connection.
Portfolio To Go For Flickr iPad App Features
- View all your Flickr photo galleries at once - scroll each gallery horizontally to browse thumbs, scroll vertically to traverse through all synced galleries
- Main image view displays gallery thumbnails to enable intuitive gallery navigation
- Access to all of your private, friends, family and public photos
- Add unlimited Flickr portfolios via your contacts or Flickr IDs to P2G and switch between them.
- All photos get cached in the background while you browse
- Pick and choose which galleries to include and then send your portfolio straight to clients and friends by email from the app
- Share your photos and Flickr links via Facebook, Twitter or Email
- Save favourite Photos to your iPad Photo Library
Portfolio To Go For Flickr iPad App Performance
The first thing to do is open the app and sign into Flickr. To display your images they have to be arrranged in sets. The app displays thumbnails from all of your sets all in one line, if you just have the one set the screen will look fairly empty, no matter how many images are in your set. When you click an image it is displayed large on the screen, with thumbnails along the bottom. You can hit the play button at the bottom to view your images as a slideshow. It isn't possible to zoom into images. but they can be scaled to fill the screen (for best results upload images to Flickr with the long side measuring more than 1280 pixels), aspect fit or no scaling. Images can also be shared to your library, Facebook, Twitter or by email.
The app can be set to refresh photosets every day, once a week or manually. There is also an option to auto-cache photos with photos stored at full size. It is also possible to view your Flickr friends images on the app as well, again their images need to sorted into sets. Another option available is to send your portfolio to a client, they will need to have the free Portfolio To Go Player on their iPad to view.
Portfolio To Go For Flickr iPad App Verdict
If you like to use Flickr to display your work and are an iPad owner, the Portfolio To Go For Flickr app is an excellent way to display your work in a clear and easy way. Even if you just like to use Flickr to browse your friends images it is a pleasant way to view them, although caching them all for offline viewing will probably fill your memory up rather quickly.
|The Portfolio To Go For Flickr app is great for photographers who own an iPad and utilise Flickr to display their work.
Portfolio To Go For Flickr iPad App Pros
Useful for photographers to show their work to clients
Easy to use, clean and clear interface
Can view Flickr friends images as well
Doesn't rely on an internet connection to view portfolios
Portfolio To Go For Flickr iPad App Cons
Clients have to have an iPad with Portfolio To Go installed to view
Images have to be in sets
|VALUE FOR MONEY
The Portfolio To Go for Flickr iPad App
is available from the iTunes Store for £2.99. For more information please visit the Nick Kuh