The new DX-D80 compact housing is aimed squarely at professionals, but
is easy enough to use for photographers at any level. Itís
packed with sophisticated features that include a leak sensor, a
shutter lever that detects halfway presses, and an ergonomic grip for a
comfortable hold. It accepts an interchangeable pickup viewfinder
(optional) for vision correction, and its carefully designed controls
make it easy for anyone to use the camera intuitively underwater.
The DX-D80 comes standard with two N-type connectors (one 2-pin and one
5-pin connector). The 2-pin connector is compatible with SEA&
SEA YS series strobes. The 5-pin connector accepts the optional TTL
converter that enables automatic TTL strobe photography. This housing
works with NX ports designed for the NX housing series to provide
maximum flexibility for the lenses you choose to shoot.
- An optional TTL converter enables automatic TTL strobe
- The front section of the body is made of a
corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy for maximum rigidity and a solid
- A 0.66x pickup viewfinder displays the full frame of the
cameraís viewfinder. Accepts an optional interchangeable
- The shutter lever provides instant response to a gentle
- Ergonomic grips provides a firm and comfortable hold
- Accepts the full variety of NX lens ports and accessories.
- Controls almost all of the Nikon D80ís essential
- The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove
from the housing.
- A port lock mechanism secures the port from accidental
- Comes standard with two kinds of N-type connectors: one
2-pin connector and one 5-pin connector.
- Three locking latches prevent accidental opening.
- A built-in leak sensor alerts immediately you to any wate.r
- Construction: Front case: corrosion-resistant aluminum
alloy; rear case: polycarbonate; grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast
- Depth rating: 60m / 200ft
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 350x180x135mm / 14x7.2x5.4inch
- Weight: Approx. 2,700g / 94.5oz (Housing only)
Customization can offer additional functions.
- Replacement of the strobe synchronizing connector.
(5-pin→2-pin) - Product number 89039
Customizing the housing offers additional functions. You can
replace the 5-pin strobe connector on the top of the housing with a
2-pin strobe connector for an additional cost. This
modification provides two 2-pin connectors so you can connect two
SEA&SEA series-YS strobes.
- 0.8x interchangeable pickup viewfinder - Product number
We recommend this viewfinder for near-sighted users and for
photographers who want to make sure the focus is clear in the center of
the image during macro photography. You can interchange this viewfinder
with the standard pickup viewfinder to best suit your needs.