Sekonic announces today the availability of the new L-308DC DigiCineMate – a simple and easy-to-use compact light meter that is ideal for today's DSLR videographers and digital cinematographers as well as still photographers. It features a full range of shutter speeds plus a special grouping of cine speeds and shutter angles and indicates exposure in f-stops to one-tenth step. The unit’s LCD readout can be customized to display only specific functions needed for the task at hand for fast, easy operation.
“Control of light is vital to the craft of recording moving images,” said Phil Bradon Sekonic’s USA Product Marketing Manager. “The new Sekonic L-308DC DigiCineMate was designed with the versatility of today’s Digital SLR cameras and digital video cameras in mind. Whether you are a DSLR videographer, cinematographer, or still photographer involved in any facet of image capture, the Sekonic L-308DC is the perfect entry-level meter for you.”
L-308DC DigiCineMate Features:
Three Ways to Meter
The compact, Sekonic L-308DC is the first meter that can be customized to display only specific functions needed for the task at hand for fast, easy operation.
Three Ways to Measure Light
- HD Cine Mode: Perfect for today’s DSLR videographers. Users can make exposure readings and control light using shutter speeds and frame rates and get aperture settings with one-tenth step accuracy.
- Cine Mode: Designed for digital cinematography. Users can select from the most useful frame rates and shutter angles for exposure control with one-tenth stop accuracy. Lux and foot-candle readout enables quick set up of lights.
- Photo Mode: Full control for traditional still-image photographers. Shutter-priority display of a full range of ambient and flash functions including Cord and Cordless flash measurement as well as ambient EV measurement.
- The L-308DC’s Lumisphere provides incident light readings for nearly foolproof exposure readings and enables lighting that scene before the talent arrives.
- The Lumidisc is perfect for lighting green screens, adjusting ratios and taking lux and foot-candle measurements.
- Reflected light readings enable measuring the brightness of subject tones, gray cards, light sources or window light.
Adjust the Sekonic L-308DC to film or digital camera sensors or match the L-308DC to other handheld meters.
Three custom settings tune meter operations and displays to fit camera and metering requirements.
Lux (lx) and foot-candle (fc) display is especially useful for cinematography, theatrical and other applications that require precise control of light source brightness. Custom settings allow users to select lux, foot-candle or no display.
Sekonic products are marketed exclusively by MAC Group
in the USA, and sold by distributors around the world.