new lens uses Sigma's original OS (Optical Stabilizer) technology that has two
types of sensors inside the lens to detect vertical and horizontal movement
of the camera.
This compensation modes handles all types of shooting conditions to help prevent
In Mode 1, the system detects and compensates for vertical and horizontal movement
of the camera; ideal for still-image photography. And in Mode 2, the system
detects and compensates for vertical movement of the camera; ideal for motor
sports and other situations where panning may be desired.
The lens features a rear focus, zoom lock switch and other features.
A circular polarizing filter
can easily be used because of our rear-focusing
system, because the front lens group does not rotate during focusing. A zoom
lock switch is built in to prevent the lens from extending due to its own weight
when pointed up or down.
Two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements in the front lens group and
one in the rear lens group means the lens has excellent correction of chromatic
aberration and delivers high-definition performance. As well as autofocus there's
also a manual focus override.
- Lens Construction: 14 Groups / 20 Elements
- Angle of view: 30.3degree-6.2degree
- Number of blades in diaphragm: 9 Blades
- Minimum Aperture (wide): f/32
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 180cm / 70.9 in.
- Magnification: 1:5
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Dimensions Diameter x Length: ?95mm x 189.5mm / ?3.7 in. x 7.5 in.
- Weight: 1750g / 61.7 oz.
- Corresponding AF Mount: SIGMA SA, Nikon (D), Canon