Sony has unveiled the release of its NEX 5N camera. It boasts the world's fastest release time lag, and 16.1 megapixels.
The next step on from the NEX-5, The NEX 5N has advanced even further and features the creative responses of a DSLR in a compact body.
Made from magnesium alloy and very slim, Sony say the camera is a step forward from every feature on the NEX- 5.
The first E-mount camera with interchangeable lenses to feature an intuitive new Photo Creativity Touch interface. Using its LCD touch panel, there is no jargon to confuse new users.
Able to capture fast moving action at up to ten FPS, it has the fastest burst shooting speed of any mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.
It features Picture Effect, which simplifies production of sophisticated artistic effects. Among its artistic imaging functions are 3D panorama, anti motion blur, and Soft Skin.
The camera is available form September 2011. The NEX-5N with 18-55mm has an RRP of £600.
Do you have a question about the new camera?
Sony's photography expert Paul Genge will be holding a live Q&A session at 7.30pm tonight on Facebook. Paul will be able to answer any questions you have about the new α77, α65, NEX-7, and NEX-5N cameras which launched today. You can join the chat here: Sony UK
- 16.1 effective megapixels Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and new BIONZ processor enabling ISO 25600 high sensitivity
- Full HD Movie with 50p/25p, manual focus, full P/A/S/M exposure control and improved audio
- Tilt-angle 7.5cm (3”) Xtra Fine LCD touch-screen and easy-to-use Photo Creativity interface
- 10 fps continuous shooting (In Speed Priority Continuous mode)
- Styled in magnesium, just 23.3mm slim (Distance from front of body to LCD monitor screen surface)
Sony NEX-5N Photos of Equipment
Sony NEX-5N Specifications
|Sensor Size (width)||23.5mm|
|Sensor Size (height)||15.6mm|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/4000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||30sec|
- Scene modes
- Centre-weighted - Average
- Multi Pattern
|ISO sensitivity||100 - 25600|
|Viewfinder Resolution||No Data|
|Video FPS||25p, 50p|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
- Memory Stick (Sony)
|Box Contents||Camera, Shoulder strap, Battery Charger, Infolithium Battery (NP-FW50), USB Cable, CD-ROM, Flash, Standard Zoom Lens (18-55mm OSS)|
View Full Product Details