Here are ten reasons ePHOTOzine member David Pritchard believes the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD superzoom is a worth-while investment:
- Small and lightweight.
- Class-leading zoom range - appears to do the jobs of several kit lenses at once, and do them well.
- Zoom and focus rings are in a familiar place for higher tier lens users, allowing you to focus manually and stabilise the lens at the same time.
- Supplied with a lens hood.
- Short travel from minimum focal distance to infinity.
- Zoom lock at 18mm for safe transportation.
- Surprisingly sharp considering the range.
- Focus is very quick and quiet.
- Vibration Control works very well, and makes the lens much more usable at the long end.
- Bokeh at 130-190mm is good, with little distortion.
To see shots taken with the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD superzoom, take a look at David's Blog.