Photojournalist and portrait photographer, Terry O’Neill HonFRPS, was last night awarded The Society’s prestigious Centenary Medal at The Macallan 2011 Royal Photographic Society Awards Ceremony, held at the Royal Society in London.
The Society's Award for Outstanding Services to Photography in 2011 goes to Philippe Garner HonFRPS, The Progress Medal and Honorary Fellowship went to Dr Rodney Shaw while Honorary Fellowships were awarded to Jason Bell, John Downing MBE, Simon King OBE, Bob Martin, Mario Testino and Stuart Blake. Paul Delmar, who taught Press Photography and Photojournalism at Norton College, Sheffield, for 30 years, was awarded the new Education Award.
President of The Royal Photographic Society, Rosemary Wilman HonFRPS, said: "The Macallan takes a passionate and particularly active interest in photography on a global scale. We are thrilled to be working with The Macallan, as a part of our continuing mission to promote the art and science of photography. My special congratulations to the 2011 Awards recipients."
The 2011 Awards - full list of recipients:
- Centenary Medal Terry O’Neill HonFRPS
- The RPS Award for Outstanding Service to Photography Philippe Garner HonFRPS
- Progress Medal and HonFRPS Rodney Shaw
- Honorary Fellowships Jason Bell, Stuart Blake, John Downing MBE, Simon King OBE, Bob Martin and Mario Testino
- Education Award Paul Delmar
- Fenton Medal and Honorary Life Membership Des Clinton FRPS, Jim Moreland FRPS, Professor Francis Ring ASIS FRPS and Dr Barry Senior HonFRPS
- Vic Odden Award Venetia Dearden
- Lumière Award Anthony Dod Mantle
- Selwyn Award Dr Toby P Breckon
- Davies Medal Dr Phil Green
- Saxby Medal David Huson
- RPS Member’s Award and Honorary Life Membership Sylvia B Jones
- J Dudley Johnston Award Seán O’Hagan
- Colin Ford Award Dr Dusan Stulik and Art Kaplan
- Combined Royal Colleges Medal Northumbria Healthcare and Northumbria University Arts Partnership
- Hood Medal Edmund Clark
- The Guardian RPS Joan Wakelin Bursary Neil Hall
- The RPS Postgraduate Bursary Huw Wahl
- Canon and RPS Undergraduate Bursary Tom Jamieson