The Mju (µ) -mini DIGITAL from Olympus has a futuristic design and smooth contours. It is true to the Mju philosophy, by creating a perfect balance between design and technology. Its four million pixels deliver stunning picture quality, whilst a weather-proof* metal body is available in a choice of six striking colours ( Silver, Pure White, Black, Crystal Blue, Velvet Red and Copper Orange ) , so you can select the one most in tune with your personality.
The Mju-mini DIGITAL from Olympus is planned for release in October 2004, priced £249.99 inc. VAT. It will be supplied with the new Olympus Master 1.0 software, and incorporates a range of features:
- 4.0 million pixels
- 2x optical zoom
- A 1.8 inch, high-contrast LCD to deliver bright, vivid colours and wide viewing angles even in bright sunlight
- The TruePic TURBO image processor boosts picture quality and processing speed
- The camera includes a movie recording function with sound
- Still image editing functions include new fish-eye and soft focus modes
The Mju (µ) -mini DIGITAL looks anything but ordinary. Creating this look required some fresh thinking. An innovative manufacturing process means the camera body is made from just a single sheet of metal. This ensures sleek, fluid lines and an exquisite finish .
Preserving the Mju (µ) -mini DIGITAL's clean lines meant giving special attention to the lens barrier, which retracts into the body of the camera when switched on. This enables the zoom lens to extend effortlessly, whilst making the Mju (µ) - mini DIGITAL's distinctive "full-flat" design possible.
Better image quality
The Mju (µ) - mini DIGITAL's performance is just as impressive as its revolutionary appearance. The camera packs in four million pixels and features the Olympus TruePic TURBO image processor, which enhances picture quality while increasing image recording and display speed. In addition, the zoom lens incorporates three aspherical lens elements to strike a perfect balance between compact lens size and high-resolution.
The camera also makes it easier to review pictures. A new 1.8 inch, 134,000 pixel, wide-angle display boasts three times the contrast of conventional LCD screens and shows sharper, brighter, more vivid images. Vertical and horizontal viewing angles of 160° ensure that everyone has a clear view, even in bright sunlight.
The Mju (µ) -mini DIGITAL makes it easy for users to get creative. Unique functions like the new fish-eye and soft focus modes enable image editing without a personal computer. Meanwhile, movie recording is only limited by the memory card capacity (over 20 minutes may be saved on a 512MB xD-Picture Card in High Quality mode).
Users can also get creative about where they take pictures. The optionally available protection case allows users to retain complete control of all the photo functions, while being water resistant up to a pressure equivalent of three metres depth this means that action shots in sea or snow are not a problem.
The Olympus Mju (µ) -mini Digital main features:
- Revolutionary design
- Six body colour variations (Jewellery Silver, Pure White, Cosmic Black, Crystal Blue, Velvet Red and Copper Orange)
- Weather-proof* metal body
- 4.0 million pixels
- 2x optical zoom (equiv. 35 70mm on 35mm camera), f3.5-4.9
- 1.8 inch high-contrast LCD (134,000 pixels) with 160° viewing angles on both the vertical and horizontal axis
- TruePic TURBO image processor
- Still image editing functions including new fish-eye and soft focus modes
- Movie recording function with sound
- PictBridge support