Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone!
Top Sport Photography Tutorials
Features / Top Sport Photography Tutorials
Top Sport Photography Tutorials - Here's a round-up of some top sport photography tutorials for you to take a look at.
Posted : 1 Feb 2014 12:00AM by
As the 2014 Six Nations Championship kicks off today we thought we'd bring together all of the features and techniques ePHOTOzine has published on sports photography so next time you're at a match or trackside, you'll have the knowledge you'll need to shoot some top sports imagery.
If you already have some sports shots you want to share, or are heading to a game / race over the next few days, why not post your images in the Photo Month forum? You never know, you may have an award-winning shot that'll give you the opportunity to win our Photo Month competition prize this week.
- Head to a local reservoir and you'll more than likely find some high-speed action to capture. More tips on this type of sport can be found here, too: Watersports Photography . wakeboard and waterski photography
- Head to an indoor meet with your camera or wait for the summer months where more outdoor meets take place. Photographing Athletics
- Get a little closer to the action and photograph a running event out in the countryside or around a city's streets. Fun Runs And Marathon Photography
- Add a twist to your action and sports images by capturing a series of images that embrace the world of Parkour. Photographing Parkour
- New to motorsport photography? Have a read of these basic but essential tips. Basic Motorsport Photography Tips
- For some fast-paced action, head to a local motorcross meet with your telephoto zoom. Shoot Motorcross Events
- Head to the beach on a breezy day and you may find kitesurfers skimming along the water's edge. Photographing Kitesurfing
- We know it won't be everyone's idea of a fun day out but it's an easily accessible sport that'll give you opportunity to brush-up on several photography techniques. Photographing Bowls
- When summer arrives take your gear (and a comfy seat) along to your local cricket ground / club and spend the afternoon capturing images of this popular summer sport. Cricket Photography
For more tips on capturing images at football matches, by the side of a boxing ring, or on a snowy mountain, head over to the Sports & Action technique section of the site.
Other articles you might find interesting...