Travel Photography Live! takes place between 5 - 7 October 2012 at the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) in London.
About The Travel Photography Live! Event:
Aerial photographer Jason Hawkes, wildlife specialist Chris Weston, landscape guru Tom Mackie and photojournalist Nick Danziger are just a handful of the 'big names'
heading to the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) in London for Travel Photography Live!
. They'll be joining other renowned photographers such as Steve Bloom, Timothy Allen, Nick Meers, Mark Edward Harris and Eamonn McCabe, to present some of their iconic images and share the stories behind them with the audience.
The event begins with the keynote lecture on Friday 5 October 2012, presented by Steve Bloom and Nick Danziger. On the Saturday and Sunday there will also be equipment advice and individual photo critique sessions and a 'pop-up' shop selling books, prints and cards - ideal for those looking to crack on with the Christmas shopping. And the organisers even promise cupcakes! Everyone attending will be entered into a draw to win prizes including a Fujifilm Finepix JX530 digital camera, the latest Travel Photographer of the Year book, a 'goodie bag' from Explore, and bottles of a very special 12 year old Cutty Sark whisky.
cost £25 for the Friday keynote lecture evening, with Saturday or Sunday tickets costing £65 each and a Festival Pass (covering all three days) £130, with these prices reduced to £20, £50 and £105 respectively for students and members of the RGS.
Friday 5 October - Keynote Lectures:
- 18.00-18.45 drinks and welcome
- 18.45: Steve Bloom - Beneath the Surface: From 1970’s South Africa to the World Today
- 19.45: Break
- 20.15: Nick Danziger - Around the World in 80 Images
- 21.30: Close
Saturday 6 October 10am - 4.30pm
- Nick Danziger - Think Before Shooting!
- Colin Finlay - Making Money from Photography
- Mark Edward Harris - The Travel Photo Essay & the Fine Art of Travel Photography (two talks)
- Martin Hartley - From Pole to Timbuktu
- Jason Hawkes - Looking Down
- Jeremy Hoare and Guy Caplin - Shooting HD Video on a DSLR
- Tom Mackie - Creating Impact
- Chris Weston - Wild World
Sunday 7 October 10am - 4pm
- Timothy Allen - Travel Photography Is Dead!
- Chris Coe - Have You Seen the Light
- Craig Easton - Travelling at Home
- Colin Finlay & Nick Meers - Winning Images
- Jeremy Hoare - Lighting the way to Hollywood
- Philip Lee Harvey - A Life On The Road
- Abi King & Timothy Allen - Photography, Blogging & Social
- Eamonn McCabe - The Art of Editing
- Nick Meers - The Changing World of Travel Photography
Full details of the talks can be found on the TPOTY website
and tickets can be booked here: Travel Photography Live!