According to research commissioned by Nikon, 327 million Royal Wedding-related photos will be taken on digital cameras on Friday 29 April.
The survey of 1,421 UK adults also found that:
- 65 million photos of wedding-related events will be shared on social networking sites.
- 49% of people questioned said they'd be taking photos so they can capture a historical moment.
- 24.7% said the photos they take will help them have their own memories of the big day.
- The moment most people want to capture is the first glimpse of William and Kate as a married couple (35.1%). While the famous balcony kiss came in second place with 27.3%.
- 23% of people questioned plan to attend a street party, and 15% plan to travel to London to view the procession.
To celebrate the Royal Wedding, Nikon has teamed up with Arthur Edwards, royal photographer at The Sun, to give some expert tips and tricks on how to capture the big day.
You can find these tips here: Royal Wedding Photography Tips