Canon has today announced the launch of two additions to its portable XEED Multimedia Projector range, the WUX10 Mark II and SX80 Mark II. Both include a dedicated ‘Photo’ mode that offers exceptionally clear, accurate colour still images in any lighting environment, making them ideal for photographers or AV specialists who demand the highest possible image projection quality.
WUX10 Mark II projects in an industry-leading native WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels) resolution, with the SX80 Mark II displaying images in crystal clear SXGA+ (1400 x 1050 pixels) resolution via HDMI, DVI or even a USB flash drive. The WUX10 Mark II is also capable of displaying Full HD video (1080p) and computer images with incredible clarity. Digital images and photos are invariably edited and processed to conform to sRGB standards; however, the ‘Photo’ mode incorporates functionality that adjusts the image to take the indoor lighting environment into consideration. This means that the projected images appear the same as the sRGB original, making these models ideal for professional photographic display applications.
"The WUX10 Mark II and SX80 Mark II projectors have been designed to display images with unrivalled clarity, making them perfect for photographers wishing to display their work to the highest possible standard” said Rainer Fuehres, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “Both models strengthen the XEED offering whilst maintaining the same performance that our customers have come to expect of the range such as exceptional visual quality, high resolution and high brightness
The addition of Canon’s AISYS optical system offers outstanding brightness levels of 3200 lumens (WUX10 Mark II) and 3000 lumens (SX80 Mark II) respectively. Coupled with contrast ratios of 1000:1 and 900:1 both ensure projected images cut through ambient light to offer vivid colours and deep blacks. Both also employ LCOS panel technology to reproduce fine detail without typical projector setbacks such as unwanted ‘lattice’ or ‘rainbow’ effects. They also include a 1.5x powered zoom lens to eliminate distortion with a 10:0 lens offset for easy setup, reducing the need for keystone correction. Users are also able to display images directly from USB drives and digital cameras on the SX80 Mark II.
The WUX10 Mark II and SX80 Mark II operate at a near silent 32dBA and 31dBA respectively, in Quiet Mode. Consistent use of the Quiet Mode also extends the lamp life up to 3000 hours, which helps to reduce running costs. Automatic set-up also comes as standard for Focus, Keystone Correction, Input Selection and Screen Colour Correction which can be optimised at the touch of a button. Both feature a full range of digital and analogue connections such as DVI and HDMI enabling direct connection to high-definition digital sources such as personal computers.
Features at a glance:
- Native WUXGA resolution (XEED WUX10 Mark II) – also handles Full HD
- Native SXGA+ resolution (XEED SX80 Mark II) – HD Ready
- Canon LCOS panel technology and AISYS optical system
- Bright projection levels: 3200 lumens (XEED WUX10 Mark II) and 3000 lumens (XEED SX80 Mark II)
- Contrast ratios of 1000:1 (XEED WUX10 Mark II) and 900:1 (XEED SX80 Mark II) for vivid colours and deep blacks
- New Canon 1.5x powered zoom lens with 10:0 lens offset for easy installation
- Fully automatic setup: Auto Focus, Keystone Correction, Screen Colour
- Correction and Input Selection
- PC-Free Presentation from USB flash drive or digital camera (XEED SX80 Mark II only)
- Near-silent operation: 32dBA (WUX10 Mark II) and 31dBA (SX80 Mark II) in Quiet Mode
- DVI port and HDMI™ Connector
- Integrated RJ-45 Port for control and monitoring via a network
- Bright, rich, seamless imaging
The WUX10 Mark II and SX80 Mark II are available from October 2009.