Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Start: 01/03/2017 End: 31/03/2017
- 1st Prize - ALTA Pro 2+ 263AB 100 Tripod, ALTA Rise 48 Backpack & ALTA Action 80 Tripod Bag (RRP £400)
- 2nd Prize - ALTA Fly 48T Trolley Case (RRP £250)
- 3rd Prize - ALTA Sky 49 Professional Backpack (RRP £220)
- 4th Prize - ALTA Rise 38 Shoulder Bag (RRP £120)
Vanguard's innovative NEW ALTA Collection of tripods and bags will be making a debut at The Photography Show 2017, where you'll be able to get your hands on them.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these fantastic prizes, show us your best 'Slow Shutter Speed' photos. To celebrate the launch of Vanguard's NEW ALTA Pro 2+ range of tripods, we want to see images you could only capture with a tripod. Show us starscapes, artistic blur and images portraying movement. Black and white, colour, portrait, landscape, anything goes as long as your image was taken with a tripod!
The competition closes at midnight on 31 March 2017. 2 entries are allowed for free members and 4 entries are allowed for Plus members.
Unfortunately, due to restrictions from the sponsor, only UK entries are eligible to win a prize. Those from overseas may enter if they provide a UK address, that of a friend or relative, to which the prize can be delivered if they win. Please update your portfolio with the UK address.
Up for grabs are the following prizes worth £990:
1st Prize - ALTA Pro 2+ 263 AB 100 Tripod (RRP £200), ALTA Rise 48 Backpack (RRP £150) & ALTA Action 80 Tripod Bag (RRP £50)
With unmatched stability and flexibility, ALTA Pro 2+ tripods enable more angle possibilities than ever before. The ALTA Pro 2+ 263AT Tripod and ALTA BH-100 Ball Head together make an impressive pair, packed with new features that include:
- The highly advanced 35° twist lock that makes the ALTA Pro 2 easier and faster than ever to set up and holds outstanding levels of gear securely;
- The redesigned Multi-Angle Central Column allows the photographer to set up the perfect angle faster and more intuitively than ever before;
- The addition of a 4th leg angle ensures the perfect positioning and balancing for shooting in any situation;
- The new ALTA Konect is a 3/8” connector that welcomes a variety of additional accessories that will allow photographers to enhance their shooting.
The ALTA FLY 48T is a professional carry-on* trolley with an impressive capacity. Designed to fit 1-2 Pro DSLRs, 5-7 lenses (up to 300mm f/4), a flash and accessories, or a drone with all related accessories there’s no longer any reason to compromise on what you carry on longer trips. As if that wasn’t enough, The ALTA Fly 48T also carries a 15” laptop, a tablet and up to two tripods.
3rd Prize - ALTA Sky 49 Professional Backpack (RRP £220)
The ALTA Sky 49 is the ultimate gear-carrying and working backpack. Featuring full rear access to a fully customizable interior, the maximum storage can fit up to 1-2 Pro DSLR with attached lens (up to 300mm f/4 lens), 4-6 lenses, a flash and accessories, or a drone with all related accessories. It also carries a 14" laptop and/or tablet and offers various advanced tripod connections. All this can be carried in comfort thanks to the innovative, ergonomic and well-padded strap system.
4th Prize - ALTA Rise 38 Shoulder Bag (RRP £120)
The ALTA Rise 38 is a messenger style bag that fits a DSLR with lens attached (up to 70-200mm f/2.8), 3-4 lenses, a flash, accessories and a 15” laptop. The unique +6 expansion system will allow you to add 6cm storage width with one simple zipper motion, while still keeping gear protected.
By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out on ePHOTOzine.
- The following people are excluded from entering the competition: (1) Direct and indirect employees, staff and their relatives of the supplier of the prize or prizes (2) The publishers of ePHOTOzine (3) Advertisers or sponsors of ePHOTOzine.
- Only two entries per competition are allowed per person.
- We reserve the right to remove images that have not been submitted correctly, ie too small. There isn't a maximum filesize or dimension restriction for entries.
- All entries must be submitted through the ePHOTOzine competition web page and will not be accepted via any other means, eg, post, fax or e-mail.
- No responsibility is accepted for incomplete entries due to server error or other causes beyond our control.
- One winning entry will be chosen, by an ePHOTOzine or guest judge. This will be the image which, in the judge's opinion is the most original and of highest quality and meets the theme. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ePHOTOzine reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegal entries.
- The prize winner will receive the prize as featured in the corresponding month's competition. There is no cash alternative to the prize as stated.
- Unfortunately, due to restrictions from the sponsor, only UK entries are eligible to win a prize, overseas members can enter if they have a UK postal address, ie. that of a friend or family member to where the prize can be sent if they win. ( Please update your portfolio with the UK address).
- The deadline for entering the competition is midnight (GMT) on the last day of the calendar month in which the competition is being held, unless otherwise stated
- The winner or winners will be notified by e-mail within 28 days of the end of the competition. Winner's details will be posted on ePHOTOzine within 28 days of the end of the competition.
- The winner must acknowledge his or her win within three weeks of being notified via email or the prize may be re-allocated to the next-placed winner.
- All entrants agree that their name and images can be displayed and used in promotion for future competitions on ePHOTOzine. The winning entry may be used by the sponsor as a promotional image. The terms of this would be agreed with ePHOTOzine and the sponsor before the prize is announced. By entering the competition you have confirmed you have authorised this.
- The name of the winner may be published on ePHOTOzine after he or she has acknowledged their win.
- We reserve the right not to hold a competition in any given month.
- ePHOTOzine only provides the means of entry to the competition and does not normally supply the competition prizes. The sponsors are therefore liable for the prize.
- We reserve the right to modify these rules without notice. (Last modified; 25th January 2010)