Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Lowest Price: £386.43Manufacturer's Description: "The Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO utilizes the same size reduction technology developed for the popular Tamron 28-200mm & 28-300mm Super Zooms. The AF28-75mm is the world's lightest and most compact fast standard zoom lens* . * As of August 31, 2002. Based on Tamron surveys of lenses in the same class. This lens represents the first in a new category - a zoom lens that can be used comfortably as a high quality fast standard lens for both silver-halide and digital photography.
* Minimum object distance of just 0.33m throughout zoom range.
* Macro shooting is available with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.92.
* Thanks to mechanical innovations that enable a very complex structure to be compressed into a compact barrel, the maximum lens diameter has been downsized to just 73mm.
* Handling is enhanced with the reduction of zoom torque and improved torque fluctuation. Tamron has also implemented advancements in manufacturing technology, enabling the production of lighter, stronger and higher precision parts.
* Convenient zoom lock mechanism keeps the lens retracted when being carried on a camera.
* Flower-shaped hood supplied as a standard accessory with excellent stray-light shielding properties.
* Form and texture that embodies the high performance, high precision qualities of the SP series, and a design to match a new generation of lenses.
* Features two gold metal rings that symbolize the SP (Super Performance) series.
* Rubber covering of the zoom and focus rings to improve grip and visual uniformity when the lens is attached to a camera body.
* Improved readability of important information on the lens such as the distance scale and f-numbers."