Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
- Why when I upload a photo to the Critique Gallery is there the option for others to mark as constructive Critique?
- I'm thinking of posting photos to the critique gallery. How do I get maximum benefit?
- Is there a correct method for offering critique?
- Iím a new member/new to photography, should I comment?
- If I see a photo already critiqued should I still post my own comments?
- Who are the Critique Team?
- What is the aim of the Critique Gallery?
- Do I need to be a member of the critique team to offer comment
- Are there any more advanced guidelines for critique?
You will find here the entries concerning Critique Gallery, ordered by helpfulness.
Click on a question to show the answer.
Uploads to the Critique Gallery always are allowed to have comments marked as constructive critique.
Click for more...
Yes, everyone is welcome and encouraged to comment, no matter what level of skill, experience. Your opinion is as valuable as the next.
Yes, the more comments the better, as this will allow the poster to get a general feel for opinion on their post. After all, a large part of critique on any photo is personal opinion.
It's important not just to go and critique photos that are currently uncritiqued (although this is, of course, valuable). The idea is to offer as much support, help and comment across the board.
This team comprises several ePHOTOzine members who have volunteered to contribute actively to the Critique Gallery. Their aim is to provide valuable feedback, with sensible constructive advice, to help new members improve and more experienced members develop further. A list of the members can be found here.
It is essentially designed to allow members to receive more detailed and critical comments on uploads. This is to enable everyone to get maximum information on each post, and hopefully get pointers that will help them to improve their photography through member feedback.
Absolutely not. Although there is a critique team in place, to provide consistent comment, the whole idea of this gallery is to gain valuable insight and comment, from you, the member. The critique team will post alongside you with further comments and suggestions of their own of how to improve the photo.
Click for more...