Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Colour Management

Forums for discussion relating to colour calibration of monitors, printers and other devices, plus how to get your colour right.

• Windows 11

My Spyder 5 works fine on win 11....been using it for a while and recalibrated recently...no problems for me...a few driver updates needed after updating that's all
    by sceneitsnappedit | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 12
  • Colour space/settings

Thanks Dave for your advice much appreciated and very helpful.
    by jamac | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 2
  • Mirrorless and Colourchecker Passport?

" the problem I have is that when shooting birds in woods or even in hedge rows by the time I get what I think is the right exposure my shutter speed is far to low o...
    by russellsnr | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 10
  • Gamut Clipping

Here's a link to Eizo manuals.
    by Daffy1 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 2
  • Full spectrum lighting: recommendations?

" fitted with fluorescent ceiling and anglepoise type lights fitted with colour-matching tubes." When I used my utility room as a wet darkroom doing colur print...
    by col.campbell | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 16
  • Photo and video color matching with same camera advice

"- the difference in colorspace that video mode uses (not sRGB) in respect the photo mode, - the fact that the camera I'm using can't film in raw mode, - the fact tha...
    by fotoloupe | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 4
  • Unexpected calibration results

"Quite often I've baulked at the reproduction quality but thought it was down to the cheap paper they were using."Once you've done your best, it's up to them wha...
    by gary.d | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 8
  • Compatability of NIK Filters and Topaz

I am a new convert to the Topaz AI sharpening and noise reduction filters - I highly recommend them. I didn't have any issues wth the installation and run both with the o...
    by johncob | Last Post | Unread
  • White Balance and Right Balance

I am not going to claim my portraits are always spot on but my system is calibrated end to end so raw files are rendered with my bespoke profile which seems much better t...
    by Chris_L | Last Post | Unread
  • EIZO ColorEdge CS2420 24 Inch IPS Monitor

Glad that is up to your expectations. If you find your prints from your online printer come back a fraction dark, you know the answer, reduce the monitor brightnes to 80c...
    by johnmac | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 9
  • macOS mohave and magenta casts on prints

Thanks. I am awaiting some fresh inks and glossy 6X4 epson paper.I will give that a try.My Mac is calibrated through Xrite Spyder Gary
    by glengary | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 5
  • Images looks soft in Lightroom

So you're looking at an unsharpened version in LR and a sharpened version in PS?
    by johnmac | Last Post | Unread
  • Washed Out!

"Photoshop's "save for web", in every incarnation that I've used, only strips out the EXIF if you tell it to. " Cheers... I never use 'save for web' so happy to ...
    by Jasper87 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 14
  • Camera club projectors - which image mode

Thanks very much for the info and great advice. It's interesting to hear that you found that the Spyder 3 Pro didn't try to correct the gamma and contrast adjustments yo...
    by canonman95 | Last Post | Unread
  • Colour Space When Editing And Downloading to EPZ

Yes to all three, with the slight caveat that not all browsers assign an sRGB profile to untagged images (in fact, Firefox is the only one that I know of). In other brows...
    by Sylviwhalley | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 24
  • Overlay missing

Thank you Delbert25 problem solved.
    Replies: 5
  • Calibration

Colormunki came today, So I tried to calibrate the monitor. It said my monitor was not bright enough and to set it to 120 brightness, the monitor won`t let me alter the b...
    by robertt | Last Post | Unread
  • Revert to Pre Spyder calibration

" it looks like the OP has found their own solution." Or option 2 from my advice :P
    Replies: 13
  • Excellent Calibration Software: Available Free

"That's your prerogative Phil, cheers! :)" So I missed an 'r' :P
    by Chris_L | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 20
  • Cheapest way to calibrate a monitor.

"Has anyone suggested ..... Don't? Manufacturers make a good attempt at providing reasonable profiles and for anyone where money is tight therefore I suggest they ar...
    by dazzaman | Last Post | Unread
  • Eizo 277

Some high-end monitors with hardware LUTs allow you to switch between calibration profiles, but I'm not sure that feature exists in Eizo displays (it does in some NEC mod...
    by RBL | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 16
  • Latest Photoshop CC update has problems with camera RAW plugin

Lightroom is not intuitive when you have been used to PS. You really need to go through some tutorials to get the hang of it.
    by RoyBoy | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 12
  • External vs internal

"The likes of X-Rite and Datacolor seem to provide an affordable means of calibrating monitors - but I have come across some monitors claiming to be “self calibr...
    by uganda | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 3
  • Wide Gamut CCFL Backlight

Well it isn't especially clear. It's the fluorescent equivalent of an RGB LED backlight, which enables a wider gamut.
    by canonfan46 | Last Post | Unread
  • Spyder2Pro+WIN10

My spyder 3 setup is not compatible either but it works fine under win 10.....you can try it and see, if not then it can be uninstalled. do a restore point before putting...
    by amadej | Last Post | Unread
  • grrrr printing!!!!

Great that you are sorted... the print will never match the monitor perfectly, particularly when viewed this way transmitted vs reflected light, maybe knock the monitor b...
    Replies: 38
  • Do you have a question for the EIZO team of experts?

This forum is no longer supported and as a result, it will be locked. Sorry for the inconvenience but if the situation changes, we will reopen it so you can continue to...
    by NikitaMorris | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 126
  • Decisions on Monitor calibration

All the calibration devices mentioned essentially do the same job but, based on my personal experience, I am of the opinion that the i1 Display Pro provided better accura...
    by Willpower | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 8
  • Spyder4 PRO

Tianshi_angie Problem is now sorted . . . . I have sent you a message. :D 
    by BrianSS | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 13
  • X-Rite or Spectraview?

I had a Color munki and the biggest load of rubbish I have ever owned, managed to sell it on. The amount of times one has to scan a printout is unbelieveable. To just r...
    by russellsnr | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 6