Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Digital cameras

Photography forums to discuss buying and using digital cameras, including compact, mirrorless, DSLRs, medium format, action cameras, drones and more.

• Rear Screen problem on Fuji X Pro3

If you are experiencing a problem, then it would help others if you say what it is, that way more accurate advice can be given...:)
    by fusion2011 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 1
  • Buyers dream part 2, I bought another.

"I have auto ISO on for handheld, off for tripod. If on a tripod I go for ISO 100 unless it means a very slow shutter speed which can bring its own problems of course...
    by Maff2008 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 20
  • It's a buyers dream

Ah the good old days of film. How I don't miss them! [emoticon]
    Replies: 36
  • Micro four thirds

"Olympus and Panasonic are the only manufacturers to take a significant interest in M4/3 still. " Yes - apologies for previously confusing Fuji DX with Olympus 4/3.
    by ARI | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 14
  • G series compact

"Still non the wiser. Will stick to that output it is half full frame." What are you using at the moment. Micro Four Thirds (crop factor 2.0)?
    by youmightlikethis | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 5
  • Canon EOS 5DS R Metering

I was made up when I got my first DSLR with spot metering, I never use it. All too often it's tempting to over-complicate things, I've never come across a situation whe...
    Replies: 6
  • Cock ups...

I can forgive myself for making a mistake. Over the years I have: forgotten to charge batteries; forgotten batteries; lost Lee filters; failed to notice circular polaris...
    Replies: 15
  • Thinking of buying new camera

Thanks for replies
  • Is the XXXXXXXXXX still a good camera/lens/whatever in 2022?

" " I do not use Amazon" All online retailers have a returns policy. " Agreed - and with a lens kept in pristine condition a return should be straigh...
    Replies: 20
  • I've gone back to the stone age

Look forward to it! :)
    Replies: 33
  • How much is too much?

My Sony RX10mk 3 fell out my rucksack and cost me 250 to have it fixed second hand value was about 700 at the time. A couple of months after getting it fixed it was sto...
    Replies: 7
  • Print from 5DsR

I do not have the pleasure of a mansion for a home. I may on occasion entertain a print of 30x20 inches. I came across a print in a gallery, 6feet X 4feet, printed at 3...
    Replies: 3
  • Metering landscapes on a EOS300d

Take some shots, view them on the screen and make adjustments as you go. Learn from your mistakes and you will soon get the results you are after. You will soon realise d...
    Replies: 9
  • Frustrated potential buyer

Chip shortage tell me about it, I ordered a new Mercedes GLA 5th July last year. I spoke to them recently and was told it will be another year, so I cancelled the order. ...
    by hobbo | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 4
  • Canon 5DsR or R5

You can use the R5 with only SD cards, but you can't record 8k video then. R5 has IBIS, exposure simulation, eye/human/animal/vehicle auto focus, 20 frames a second, flip...
    Replies: 8
  • High mega pixel camera problem

Just come a similar comment on soft images produced with high mega pixel cameras in U Tube talk. See link below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzfanLhUNA
  • Where have all the cameras gone?

Agree with CB, many reasons for the replacement of traditional cameras with camera phones. In my humble opinion they come down to the following, fashion, convenience an...
    by UKMike2013 | Last Post | Unread
  • What is a good upgrade for my Olympus Pen E-PL7? I am looking for a more compact M43 Camera.

I'd put in a vote for the Panasonic G100. It's pitched as a vlogging camera, but it's not well received for that for a number of reasons. But it is very compact and has a...
    by iKokomo | Last Post | Unread
  • Mirrorless - any have separate feeds to EVF and LCD?

My Canon R6 is set up to not show the review image on the EVF but only on the LCD.
    by Digiteer | Last Post | Unread
  • Point and Shoot

Thankyou, I was wondering about sticking with what I have seeing as I have a few cameras. Got advice. Thankyou.
    by micksurrey | Last Post | Unread
  • Nikon Z6 II

This looks like a "jaggies" effect which can be caused by aliasing. But I'm not sure. Hopefully others can give a more technical explanation and suggest a solution.
    by robertt | Last Post | Unread
  • Camera Recognition

"Plans are in place to strip any embedded profiles and convert the colour space (if needed), it is something that Server Admin are working on. We’ll announce it ...
    by photographerjoe | Last Post | Unread
  • Compact cameras with a viewfinder

EPz has their own review of the B600 here and the A1000 here, not to mention the SX70 here
    by PRC | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 26
  • Used Canon possible purchase.

Thank you all for your helpful advice, the 7D from MBP it is. Please enjoy what's left of the weekend and a very happy Christmas to you all:) Martyn
    by mbp | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 8
  • Nikon D3 in 2021 ?

In its early days there were many reviewers and pros who considered it the best Nikon so far. The beauty of it today is the solid build and ease of use it has. If you c...
    by IanWhite | Last Post | Unread
  • Trail Cameras

I recently bought the Browning Recon Force Elite HP4. It's very easy to navigate and use, and good enough for my garden. Very clear pictures and can be set on a timer.
    by Dabber | Last Post | Unread
  • Importing images into Lightroom Classic

Thank you all very much for your valuable information, I have now sorted the problem, best wishes to you all. John Steadman.
    by JohnJS | Last Post | Unread
  • Apart from the price what is the difference?

I have had the Pen EPL 1 and EPL5 fitted with a pancake lens great for slipping into a pocket or bag and you can fit an EVF (sold separately) to the hot shoe. Now have O...
  • Filtering gallery photos by camera type

I think it's more the type of photo than trying to judge the quality. For example, if a lot of the photos are in a certain category - say portraits - one might be drawn ...
    by Carabosse | Last Post | Unread
  • Silly? Perhaps?

It probably costs a bomb to get the camera repaired. Perhaps Ian is weighing up the possibilities?