Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Pentax Cameras

Photography forums for Pentax camera owners to discuss Pentax cameras and accessories, including Pentax Digital SLRs, Medium-format 645Z, 645D, Ricoh compact cameras, lenses, and accessories discussion.

• Pentax SMC DA* 300mm SDM Lens

"Yes my friend it does!.....it is the adapter that focusses not the lens, I also use my adapter on the manual focus 50mm "A" 1.7 to produce a beautiful portrait lens....
    by brownargus | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 9
  • User gallery

"Quote:There was an incompatibility issue with the image format from the Pentax files, and apparently it was deemed not worth the 15 hours of time to fix for the numb...
    by Mynett | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 6
  • K20D Noise

Have just upgraded Firmware to 1.01. I will see iif that works tomorow and let you all no. Claude
    by Monecel | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 3
  • K10/20 image quality

"I have K20D it underexposes by 2 stops Images are bad at ISO 100 in RAW blue speaks" The underexposure may be down to the the compensation being set inadverten...
    by philstaff | Last Post | Unread
  • Am I Crazy?

Thank you for your comments & suggestions. I had already looked at the reviews on this site & lens reviews else where. Thanks Snapper for the link, it answered my questio...
    by Phinickphotos | Last Post | Unread
  • Can I lock the mirror ?

My Pentax *ist film job has mirror lock up with 2 second delay so you would think it would be on the 20 D,but that's designers for you. Geo.
  • Pentax K10D

I don't think you will be disappointed with the K10d I like mine a lot and I also have the *ist DL and am also very pleased with the quality I get from that also
    by pentaxboyo | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 10
  • Pentax 1.7x AF Teleconverter

I'm after one of the above!,,,,anybody want rid of one?....in good nick of course!........Ken
    by kenp | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 0
  • LX camera

"I too had a pair of these wonderful pieces of hardware in the late '80's John but I do hope we're not 'Click-fishing' here..." Hi Mike, No just left note to...
    by Zydeco_Joe | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 2
  • Which card for Pentax W60?

Get the cheapest reliable card you can. its not a high performance camera so it would be wasted cash to get the top of the range card mate.
    by kombizz | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 1
  • should pentax be their own manufacture

Pentax aren't part of Samsung, they're owned by Hoya! :p
    Replies: 3
  • Installing Pentax K100D software

Thanks for the advice ken ill lok into picasa3 cheers.
    by Errol | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 8
  • The ideal kit.

I did say that I was not interested in macro, now I`ve got an E3 I might just add the 50mm ZD :)
    Replies: 18
  • Number of photos taken

Thank you for that info.
    by Barbaraj | Last Post | Unread
  • Eyepiece magnifier

"I saw that a genuine Pentax one was available from the Pentax Club with 10% off for members (27 + post) so I have ordered one. Will post a comment on how I get on w...
    by brownargus | Last Post | Unread
  • K100D Super and lenses

Hi Adam and Chris. Many thanks for your advice. I have had a couple of weeks using the camera on holiday, steep learning curve and am very impreesed with it compared to...
    by bruce295 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 5
  • What is wrong with Pentax?

The K10d is indeed fabulous, I love mine. I bought it after much deliberation about 15 months ago, and I haven't been disappointed. That said I've not invested in a...
    by strawman | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 170
  • 35mm image quality

"Is it to do with the difference between the lens operating wide open or stopped down. Hand held you may have the lens wide open, whilst with flash you may have stopp...
    by QuentinS | Last Post | Unread
  • Which lens

Thanks Neil I will check the new pentax lens out Im in no hurry.
    Replies: 21
  • Leaning Pics

Thanks Kenp I was thinking of contacting Pentax to get it looked at as it's still under warranty, but the problem then is how long will that take, from what i've heard t...
    by Ratcatcher | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 96
  • Result

Nice to hear, I hope you enjoy your camera. A friend dropped his 10D (3 months old) and had dented the hot shoe. He sent it to Canon for an estimate and they sent him ...
    Replies: 5
  • Down to the nitty gritty!

Thanks Pete!......I was beginning to think everyone had died!........................Ken
  • Pentax lens??

Thanks guys thats just what I wanted to hear, I can live with manual focus, and I tend to use manual exposure anyway, so no problems there. Thanks for the quick helpfull...
    by swanseamale47 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 4
  • Your verdict of second hand lenses (older series)

Sorry I forgot!.....you may find this site helpful. It shows all the old lenses and sample photographs taken with them.............the lenses are at the bottom of the pag...
    by wipka84 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 11
  • Pentax K20D

I must have read through this review 50 times and I never noticed it!! haha, thanks for pointing it out, I'm changing it now. :)
    by MattGrayson | Last Post | Unread
  • ds split screen?

Thats really not a bad price :)
    Replies: 7
  • I'm curious........

It's the end result that counts, not what make of camera you use. Among the equipment I use are compacts by Kyocera and Casio, both of which can give excellent results. ...
    by MeanGreeny | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 11
  • Pentax Power Leads

Any Pentax users should check THIS PAGE as your power cord could be faulty and need changing
    by ksh | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 0
  • Pentax and photojournalism

I fell a bit lonely lol as far as i know i am the ONLY photoj that uses Pentax for the most part news work :( witch is a shame. there GRATE for the work.
    by KGB4 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 20
  • Pentax istD vs K10D

The samsung and pentax kit lenses are indentical apart from the colour of the band on them (blue for samsung, green for pentax) they are all made in the same factory with...
    by AnthonyM | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 15