Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Sony / Minolta Cameras

Photography forums for Sony camera owners to discuss Sony Alpha series, including full-frame mirrorles, and APS-C mirrorless cameras, Cyber-shot compact cameras, lenses and accessories.

• A700 RAW ppi Settings

The quoted 72 ppi has nothing at all to do with the image quality. It takes a bit to get your head around size and quality and there are many good sites that give an exp...
    by Signosis | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 3
  • Sensor alignment ?

I have exactly the same problem on my A200, I just put it down to the lack of view in the view finder, perhaps it isn't that?
    by rykers | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 5
  • Will the Sony A300 be available in the UK?

It is an exclusive in the uk. jessops stock the a300
    by mark2uk | Last Post | Unread
  • A700 firmware v.4 update

"One minor irk with the firmware updates - does it really have to reset my file numbering each time?" Just make sure you have the last photo you took on the c...
    by Snapper_T | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 9
  • Problems uploading photos from Sony a350

On my A700 last week, I had one corrupted file on a card of 400+ RAW images, and it stopped the whole card being read by PS Elements 6. The way I got around it was to ma...
    by NA618 | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 15
  • Lens for Minolta 7d

If, of course, you're looking for something in the middle of that range (and you can find one) the Minolta 70-210 F4 'Beercan' is still the best lens I've ever used...
    by johnjrp | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 2
  • A900 discussion

I mentioned it earlier it's on our news pages here Sony A900 :-) Please discuss in other forum I'll lock this duplicate.
    by AntHolloway | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 1
  • Dynax 9 Eyepiece cup EC-9

If you go here, and navigate to the contacts page, Adrian Paul is always very helpful if you send him an email question, and he's who K-M will direct you to if you email ...
    by RussellNut | Last Post | Unread
  • Sony or Sigma

I've used Minolta, Konica-Minolta, Sony, Sigma and Tamron lenses over the years and have learned that you get what you pay for. It's no use comparing premium quality Sig...
    by simesh | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 16
  • Sony HDMI connection

Just to add my six peneth: - The HDMI output on some of Sony's latest cameras is designed to work with some of their latest TV's that have so called "PhotoTV HD". (The...
    by Thincat | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 11
  • RAW File Problem in K-M Dimage A2

I've uploaded a photo and description here of a problem with RAW files on my K-M Dimage A2. I'd be grateful of any replies.
    by vetcameraman | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 0
  • KM Dimage Z3 - help please

"Hi; I own its Cousin the Dimage Z2 and there is no problem (It is just the owner that shakes a bit.). It may be as well to get the Camera checked out. It sounds as i...
    by Anthony | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 7
  • Battery charger!

Can buy a new one here, but it's not exactly cheap!
    by kenp | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 2
  • Foam city

I have a Sony can I come? i promise to come scantly clad LOL! Come to think of it could do with a foam bath ;)
    by stevekhart | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 6
  • Wireless flash with radio trigger

I though I'd posted this a while ago, but realised I hadn't. Minolta/Sony have the a wireless flash system but the flash guns are not compatible with triggers/receive...
    by Snapper_T | Last Post | Unread
  • Alpha 200 RAW Files

I'm using the supplied software at present to convert the ARW files, but may get Lightroom in the near futre as it much faster and has an excellent workflow. Trev
    by Photocol | Last Post | Unread
  • Spent my bonus

"Spent my bonus today.......... Got the new Sony A350. Well pleased just need to learn how to use it now" Got mine a few days now. The learning proc...
    by mark2uk | Last Post | Unread
  • Replies: 2
  • Sony A700

The grip is great - I'm doing a lot more portrait format shots than I used to, and the twin battery thing is so useful it's unbeleivable - full days shooting, up to about...
    by dwilkin | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 36
  • Sony A300 and A350 details

"Sony made the same mistake as Macintosh" It doesn't really matter, but this point is also not entirely accurate. IBM developed the first PCs. As a hardware ...
    by AntHolloway | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 76
  • KM Wireless Ratio Flash HS5600 hvl-f56am Flashgun

Was this something to do with film vs digital, in that it used to monitor the reflection off the film but now with CCD this cannot be done? Ant.
    by malcolml | Last Post | Unread
  • Sony A200 announced

"At this focal length, is auto focus really needed " I guess you're joking. AF on long lenses is essential unless you're just shooting stationary targets. T...
    by Thincat | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 41
  • Anyone had this problem?

Sony are one of the biggest battery of this type manufacturers, the Mac's and Pc's of flame thing last year was Sony triggered I think. But if the battery does not wor...
    by ellis rowell | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 4
  • His experience with the Sony Alpha 700!

Good site for information on all aspects of Minolta/ Sony
    by kombizz | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 1
  • Sony H5

Sorry, I'm typing this in a black out. I've been offered to buy a sonyh5 from someone, as I've not bought my Nikond80 yet, I was wondering if this was quite a good qua...
    by mrswebber | Last Post | Unread
  • Sony H9

Very many of the pics in my folio were taken with the fuji S9600. Bought 3 weeks ago from my local Curry's. Reserved on-line (cheaper - you get the on-line price) I p...
    by csurry | Last Post | Unread
  • Sony Alpha

Is it hard to clean the sensor if it moves? also the number of connections required to make a sensor work combined with moving them does not sound like a good engineering...
    by miptog | Last Post | Unread
    Replies: 74