Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

120 Roll Film

Willpower 10 508 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2021 2:03PM
I've recently had an Agfa Billy Record 4.5 (1936) camera given to me. It has an Apotar 105mm f4.5 lens and a Prontor ll shutter.
I am an experienced DSLR user, Chairman of Camera Club, have used 35mm, but have never shot on roll film. (Portfolio)
I have cleaned this camera up and it has intrigued me sufficiently to consider running a roll of film though it to see how it has fared through the years. It is now 85 years old and I'd like to give it a chance.
My question is, supply of 120 roll film. Where can I buy some and where to get them processed ?
I know there are several online companies that can process 120, but has anyone used them and can recommend.

TIA
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 131 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2021 3:25PM
I bought my last - Fuji 100 - from Amazon. Do you have a spare 120 spool? Remember that with 120 film you wind the film from one spool to the next so you'll need a spool in the camera to wind on to. Once you've finished the film it will be fully wound to the old spool and you stick the tab down to keep it fixed. The spool from the film just used then becomes the next spool you'll use.
Willpower 10 508 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2021 3:28PM
Yes, thanks. I understood about spool to spool transfer and the camera does have an empty spool in situ.
Where did you get your film processed ?
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 131 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2021 7:34PM
Itís been a long while and Iíve only just begun to shoot 120 again (when I find my pesky light meter). C41ís used to be my goto place in Chester. The store has closed but I note a company by the same name is on the web so Iíll likely give them a go.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.