Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

12th July - Amazon Prime Day

davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2016 11:49AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but Amazon has announced an Amazon Prime Day on the 12th July.

More info about Prime Day: http://amzn.to/292kjFt

From what I understand, you must be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of the exclusive Prime Day deals. Amazon claims that it's their biggest event ever with thousands of deals in the UK and 100,000 deals worldwide.

However, I think the best thing is that if you join Prime now, you get a 30-day free trial (cancel anytime). So, you could essentially join Prime now, get the advantages of Prime and access to the Prime Day deals which are exclusive to Prime members.

Here are some more details about Amazon Prime: http://amzn.to/294Qo4E

It looks pretty neat, but here is a run-down of what you get:

1. Unlimited 1-day delivery
2. Access to Prime video (some sort of TV streaming service like netflix)
3. Access to Amazon Prime (ad-free music streaming service like spotify/pandora)
4. Access to Kindle Owner's Lending Library which allows you to borrow 1 ebook a month.
5. Early access to Lightning Deals
6. Unlimited Cloud storage for photos.

I've also noticed that if you are student, you can get Prime for half the cost.

Needless to say, we will be keeping an eye out for any photographic offers and posting them on ePHOTOzine's news when they become available.

Ross_D 7 841 1 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2016 1:58PM
Joined Amazon Prime nearly 2 years ago and have never looked back. In my experience however, the Prime Days don't necessarily feature many photographic items ( I didn't see many during the last Prime Day).... ie you're not going to find a top end camera body or lens at a knock down price but it may be different this time.

One thing to look out for though when shopping on Amazon is the fact that not all products qualify for 'Amazon Prime' but this is clearly stated under the product. Also, not having satelite TV, we have watched loads of excellent programmes via Prime video (The Good Wife, Bosch, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad etc). IMO, the video streaming service is well worth the £8/month alone.
wizardsmagic 16 49 England
30 Jun 2016 4:18PM
One additional thing which you get (and one of the main reasons I signed up), is unlimited photo storage. I currently have around 550gb of files (jpg and raw) backed up using my Prime membership.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
30 Jun 2016 7:56PM
Also check out Amazon vouchers, these are free for all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/vouchers-coupons/b?ie=UTF8&node=5522783031
1 Jul 2016 8:09AM

Quote:Unlimited storage is a huge deal! What's the cost?

It's £79/year or £7.99/month . Really good value when you consider everything you are getting.
ChrisV Plus
14 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2016 1:51PM
It's important to note the unlimited storage [I've over a terabyte on there - it's the best deal out there for that alone if you've a huge image catalogue] is for photos only - there's a small allowance for files and videos [not certain what that is], but it's fairly easy to run out. You can buy more, but I haven't explored how much additional is as it's not something I really need. The free delivery is on goods supplied or fulfilled by Amazon themselves - so none of the third party partners unless it's warehoused by Amazon.

The video service is also pretty good - along with those already mentioned there's a range of newish films and also Vikings and The Man in the High Castle are further exclusives [as is Grand Tour - the Clarkson/Hammond/May vehicle [ho ho] airing later this year.
Amazon music which came out of the blue last year as an additional service [at no additional cost!] is nowhere near as extensive as many of its rivals, but it does offer some good stuff including new albums. I have Blackstar [the last Bowie album], Santana IV [released this year] and the Jeff Lynne/ELO last release in my music library.

I wouldn't normally be the sort to recommend subscription packages from multinationals, but it's hard not to see this as a bit of a bargain.
5 Jul 2016 10:05AM
Looks like Amazon is also running a photo competition exclusive to Prime members. Top prize: £3,500 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

For Info: http://amzn.to/29fWXxF

How to enter:

Upload a photo to Prime Photos between 30/6 and 12/7

1) Click the "Upload to enter" button below
2) Sign in to Amazon Drive with your Amazon.co.uk account on the web or through the Amazon Photos App
3) Upload a photo through your Amazon Drive or Prime Photos account

As mentioned before, you can join Prime for free for 30 days and can cancel at anytime.

More about Prime: http://amzn.to/294Qo4E

keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
5 Jul 2016 8:00PM
It's actually a photo raffle as opposed to a competition.
6 Jul 2016 3:04AM

Quote:It's actually a photo raffle as opposed to a competition.

And you need to be a prime member Smile
11 Jul 2016 2:35PM
Just a reminder to everyone that Prime Day is tomorrow. Sign up now for your free trial to get access to the deals and a load of other things!

http://amzn.to/294Qo4E
12 Jul 2016 9:01PM
Does anyone here know all the ins and out of Prime.

For myself I can`t really see any huge benefit in out but I have three other family members also with Amazon accounts all living at the same address as me.

Now if I was to join could I include these as well or would they all need there own prime accounts.
12 Jul 2016 9:19PM
They could all access Prime TV either through a Smart TV, Tablet or using a Fire Stick. Plenty of movies, catch up and box sets. Unlimited 'Cloud' storage, free streaming music.
12 Jul 2016 9:31PM
Yes but all via the same Prime account Keith ?

What I`m asking is that if for instance I signed myself up, can the rest of my family (those still living at the same address as me) use the same prime account, including prime deliveries and if they can how would I go about linking them in, they already have there own Amazon accounts.
13 Jul 2016 5:35AM
They could only use the TV, music, storage. The free, fast deliveries would only be available to the prime account holder.

Unless, and I'm guessing here, you added their cards to your account (same address after all) and whoever was buying chose their card when paying.
14 Jul 2016 9:00PM
Yeh I thought of adding there card details to my account Smile

I had a read up, apparently you can add a second adult (one only) to a prime account.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.